Skip to content
Options

Da Vinci Team to visit HK from July 30 to August 3

Comments

• Options
    You should hear 'reference recordings' 24bit, 176.4 ' masters' played through the Vekian, they will scramble your noodle!
  • Options
    Keith, can you recommend some? Do you mean recent recording by reference recording?
  • Options
    Ah! Cowboy dac!

The Heritage not so shame when side by side with AAS, sound like a entry level of DV sourse. I love this dac. By the way, the transporter develop still in progress?
  • Options
    mr.dv, the Heritage is real damn good! But you should find some time to listen to the Vekian. This is by no means a cowboy, more so like Pavaroti.
  • Options
    Voy Hi as far as I amaware there are only three releases from 'reference recordings' so far although more are planned, they are on 'Hrx' discs ( dvd data discs ) you can't play them through an optical transport, I am using a PC based on some discussions with Mike Stahl and Mike Ritter ( ex Pacific Microsonics ) we use a Lynx soundcard and ASIO drivers which bypass the OS soundcore .
  • Options
    Do you mean you connect your PC DVD drive directly to the Vekian?
  • Options
    Voy Hi, the Lynx 16AES soundcard comes with a 'breakout ' box and cables, so the dac is plugged into that. No one that I have spokes to believes that a direct USB connection is any good for high quality audio. Mike includes a USB conection on the Vekian for convenience only. Keith.
  • Options
    Keith, what power cord are you feeding the Vekian?
  • Options
    I will use a FMR on the Vekian for start....
  • Options
    Welcome to the world of the Vekian!
  • Options
    Marvel果然是大大, 出手夠快. 夠竟這部"域基亞"咩料? 可否和大家分享一下. 要從你們的黑膠狂熱抽回素碼世界, 莫非它真有三頭六臂?
  • Options
    Bro Fat,

Yes, you are right, I thought I have gone down the route of LP and was in the process of downsizing my Cd setup which I did. Everyone knows that I am consistently inconsistent so my decision to go back to this DAC should not be a surprise given its rave report (private) by PT and my another friend in Taiwan: Jeff. i hope I will find something unheard of from my tiny CD collection with this new DAC.

PT wrote in a SMS to me last night: ' I am shocked by the standard here' where he is using the Orpheus transport pairing with it. He asked me over the phone if I would like to join him to listen to it, I said, no need, I trust him.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel大大果然豪氣! 未聽過就出手! 其他人可以不信, 但PT....
  • Options
    Bro Fat,

Put it this way, if PT wants you to 'die on' certain thing, would there be a chance for you to escape from it after go and listen to it in his place? In many other showrooms, I may even lose my interest on the product after hearing, but so far in PT's system, the escape chance is zero.

Marvel
  • Options
    點解呢部DAC佢冇主動向大家推介下?