Throwing the belt in
  • Options
    Now, it's the turn of Grandezza tonearm
  • Options
    Alignment of the cartridge
  • Options
    Started spinning at 12:45pm!
  • Options
    The very first AAS Gabriel Analog System in Hong Kong!

We sincerely hope Mr.DV will make good use of this precious musical tools to bring more music to his family and friends. AE will make sure it performs up to the standard it deserves. It's a combination of hardwork, passion, and sharing.

We know well you will use it well.
  • Options
    Holy smoke! Can anyone elaborate what the hack is "majestic sense of continuity"? Your turntable looks truly gorgeous. What about the speakers?

I am very happy with the Bergman, completely blow away by the dynamics. But these photos ignite my desire.
  • Options
    This is the gabriel. I only saw the photos from the website, never seen a real thing in real action. What is the tracking force for this setup?
  • Options
    Thanks AE again for inviting me to join dinner with DV team and of course Mr.DV, PTsang and Alecy.

It was a very enjoyable time sharing the design and thoughts of DV team. Although I have not had a chance to go visiting Mr.DV, I can imagine the heat and passion 'established' in his system has reached the highest boiling point ready to 'vaporise' Mr. DV into the musical heaven.

Marvel
  • Options
    I must visit Mr.DV over the weekend.
  • Options

Finally, all installation completed very smooth under the highest temperature record in the year in HK. Thanks again for all the help and special thanks to the guest from Swiss - Ms. Jolanda & Mr. Peter DaVinci visit during very hot summer. Beside the sound, the AAS Gabriel luxury look deadly cool and the Majestic power supply look like a tank sitting at side. The basic “Preziosa S with diver” already a great amp, but I still found lot of improvement during more hours run-in(PT got exactly right word “elevation of class”). Actually, there are many things could share, but from my short experience on these transformer, they should start getting warm up from first 50-100 hrs run-in.

I still cant hold my patience, I sent my very first view by SMS to PT at very late night when I cannot get in sleep from a short CD/LP comparison in same record by Mischa Elman. I must give my highest admire to the Majestic & the AAS Gabriel here, even I should comment after more run-in. I was very happy & little bit “high” with two different media. if there a blind test, The Heritage sound exactly analog(see! the power of one Majestic!!!), the gap between the digital format code "1010101" sound had been filled up, it does sound like “11011011” or “11110111”, I felt I should start over to learn more on this super dac. But no doubt, the AAS Gabriel still blow it mile away by the strength part of Heritage. The AAS Gabriel get the job done so beautiful, balance, relax, natural……let me ve some fun and enjoy before more sharing on this Art craft. Ha!
  • Options
    A poor man sit on office chair watching the clock...........I want to go home now!
  • Options
    holy cow, what a great system to live with! When is the delivery of the Intonation?
  • Options
    Mr dv,
    The TT is so beautiful...just like a piece of art, I suppose you are now temptation-free....
    Peter said last night he does not use any resistors in his design, all are replaced by hand-make transformers in the circuit. He uses capacitors for rectification purpose only, hand-made transformers are used instead of caps for coupling purpose, he is really crazy even WE uses resistors and coupling caps in their designs. If you know the cost difference between a resistor and a hand-make transformer, you'll know every dollar you pay worth the money, but this is not the point, the point is you have bought a system from a designer who does not compromise.