Skip to content
Options

Da Vinci Team to visit HK from July 30 to August 3

Comments

• Options
    The dynamic on piano by Gyorgy Cziffra almost knock me down from my chair last week, the new LCR driver sound much much faster and dynamic than the previous one. l start cannot wait to switch back to Tango tonight.
  • Options
    Dear Mr. DV, Alecy, Marvel, Peter, JLam, Linnman, and all of DaVinciAudio friends

We are safely back home, tired, but with a lot of very nice impressions. It was a wonderful time with all of you in Hong Kong.

It was our great pleasure to meet big music lovers, they admire the musicality and emotionality of the DaVinciAudio system. If you plane a trip to Switzerland, we look forward to your visit, you are always welcome.

Thank you very much for this wonderful time.

Peter & Jolanda

• Options
    Finally, have some privite time on a Tyhoon day.

• Options
    Photo by Jlam's hand
  • Options
    last shot...
  • Options
    how do you feel about the whole system after about 1 week of close encountering?
  • Options
    The Unison in Black and Silver
  • Options
    Is this one mine?
  • Options
    Be patient. you always jam the line, aren't you? What's your opinion of the Vekian?

• Options
    The Stahl-Tek Vekian is the best dac I have ever heard, be interesting to hear how it compares to the Zanden say.
  • Options
    Hello Keith and VR,

In my experience of dac which includes Boulder 2020 DAC advance, Orpheus Heritage, Zanden 5000 signature, the Wadia 931, the best "STANDALONE" dac as of today before the Vekian is the Orpheus Heritage.

If you think Boulder 2020 is good at dynamic which features 117db dynamic range, the Vekian carries 127db dynamic range. What's more, you are not getting Boulder type of soundtrack sensation but vinyl like density and naturalness. My comments are based on the judgment of STANDALONE comparison. Not suite to suite type of comparison.

With respect to the spatial resolution, The Heritage in my opinion still sits at the top but the Vekian is something truly special.
  • Options
    Signal to noise ratio is 127db versus 117db of the Boulder 2020 advance. Honestly, I don't really care these spec. If the benchmark of the perceived best is around 117db, achieving 127db sounds quite like a breakthru. But again, if the sound quality cannot convince my ears, who cares even 200db, right?

I can actually feel the silence of the Vekian dac.
  • Options
    I still rank Zanden 2000p/5000s as the top spot for a "suite". Just hit the Play button, then enjoy music. For standalone DAC, the Vekian indeed surprises the arrogant and very pricky ears of mine.

Both the Zanden and Orpheus Heritage do not sound "digital" anymore to me. Some may even say Zanden sounds like vinyl.
    But I disagree. Zanden produces very natural overtones of music but it is far from vinyl in terms of dynamics and tonal color density (using Kuzma Reference/Raven AC 1 motor/Bergman Sindre as the reference point). I also quite like the dCS Scarlatti for its dynamics but I dislike so many boxes and too many parameters to comprehend.

The Vekian, however, makes me confuse about the current state of digital technology, for awhile. This is not a small feat.

The 127db dynamic range is not a joke for the faint-hearted audiophile and a S/N ratio of 127db is not bullshit either. The development of high pictch harmonics amidst the crescendo of a symphonic score remains steady, refine and dynamic.

Jlam, sorry for breaking the Vekian out. I am not the one, blame VR.