查兄, 威域瘋佬和星雲瘋佬有咩分別?
  • Options
    發哥

威域瘋佬和星雲瘋佬真係各有各好.
    分別只係各人的口味不同所以基本上很難比較, 你明啦.
  • Options
    Charles Hing, your comment too "Hong Goods"
  • Options
    查兄, 原來康寧要bi-wire先去得盡. 我以為有少少進步, 但一插多對Flow喇叭線即刻出事, 中音和高音連貫性大大改進, 高頻再去, 連低音線條都清楚了好多.以你對Algame的級數, 一定要試下Bi-wire.
  • Options
    It's a pity if you do bi-wrie with Horning if the design is meant to be true bi-wire.
  • Options
    I don't know how a single-wire Horning sounds. I bi-wire the Eufro and the Algame since Day 1 using two pairs of EE.
  • Options
    Charles' new turntable.
  • Options
    A closer shot. Initial impression of this vinyl playback system is on the hard/bright side of the sonic spectrum. The high frequency energy was protruding at the beginning of the 1st hour. After listening to a few recordings including piano, violin and cello, then I began adjusting the angle of the acoustic paintings on the sidewall. The result had the high frequency falling back a bit to integrate with the mid-range better. Absent the dedicated protractor set, Charles had been relying on his ears to fine-tune the sound. That is certainly a very difficult task.

There is a lot more need to be done before the vinyl playback blends into the rest of the system. The character of the turntable is very dynamic, clean, and lots of details, albeit lacking coherence at this stage.
  • Options
    Is this d UFO which has a 16inch arm?

"There is a lot more need to be done" .......is this mean we can't go visit yet, i can't wait ah!!!
  • Options
    cool!
    what a hifi playground!!
    my 101E also coming soon.
  • Options
    Brother Charles,

Where have you been? Don't you miss your Algame buddy? It seems your birdman is gone. This neoclassical turntable looks cool. You have a real hard one this time. Enjoy the Mahler scores.
  • Options
    查兄, 好久沒有見到你踪影了. 你好嗎? 睇黎你要唸唸個架了. 不過千萬不要用FE, 因為有我地會來一把火燒左佢! 哈哈!
  • Options
    Dear Charles

I have used this turntable for a number of years -- actually coherence should be its strongest suit. I think the cartridge makes a big difference and guests at my house always say it sounds warm and luxurious, instead of having too much high frequency (I use koetsu jade platinum). I think you may have put the motor too far away from the platter and there may be an issue in leveling given you put your motor on a different rack from the platter. Sorry, just some random thoughts -- enjoy! I am sure this tt will bring you great enjoyment for months to come!!

cassp
  • Options
    Koetsu cartridge is extraordinarily warm and slower in attack - this probably may match this turntable more.