Skip to content
Options

Premier of Horning Statement - ALGAME ZIGMA

Comments

• Options
    To bring the Algame home, that bulky cabinet of yours has to go. Your glassy backdoor needs to be seriously treated. The Algame will not be happy if these two issues are not addressed. No speakers will ever be happy. Half hearted solution produces sub-potential sound quality. I wish hi end is about plug and play, but it isn't.
  • Options
    因這個月工作太忙,沒有時間寫報告,關於去Charles家裡聽完新的Speaker感覺,
    明天下班再寫^^
  • Options
    Charles, next Sat 20Dec pm...are you free? Will call you to fix the details if timing fits...thanks.

Voy, not much intention to bring the Algame home, I am more leaning towards the T-camp (German camp again) next time when I want to upgrade my speakers.

Marvel
  • Options
    Charles, please drag Marvel bro into heaven. After that, he will be in audio hell until he either changes home or another pair of speakers. I respect the German gangs. It's just that I have never heard satisfactory result from this tidy camp.

I heard that you are working hard on room acoustics now. Can you show us some pics of those german blue bomber? I know that that another fellow here have called into the service of 6 bombers. What about you?
  • Options
    In order to reduce the reflection of the window at the back of my system, I put the blue pillar by my ownself this morning. Surely this is not an effortless act as I have to disconnect one of the 805 amp, disconnect one of the speaker, move it aside, then move the blue pillar into the window basin. All along by myself. PT advised me to get somebody to help (not him) on the labor work but my impatient part told me to try by msyelf. Nearly broke my waist, back, etc...

Result: a magical increase on the depth and completness of the soundstage especially those background musical instruments normally positioned at the back of the singer. I am listening Sally Yip's LPCD and could find her voice does not mixed up with the background instruments in terms of the relative spatial cue.

Another result: Treble is less harsh and more focus...

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

That's good! What I don't understand is you had this excellent tool for quite a long time, how could you live with glassy reflection and tolerate it for such a long time until Voy and this old arrogant ass "pressure" you to do so?

How could you tolerate far bright sound for so long?
  • Options
    Raymond,
    Take a statistics on how many wives could accept putting this blue pillar blocking 25% of the window view then you will know why. Do I have pressure, yes, but not from you fellows but more from myself. My family's comfort zone is flexible but it doesn't mean I could always intrude into their comfort zone for my own listening pleasure. PT and J know me very well and they know how I rank family harmony to the others.

Marvel
  • Options
    For this improvement, I agree with you that I should have done it earlier....thanks.
  • Options
    Voy

I'm using two blue bomber.
  • Options
    side walls using the painting.
  • Options
    Ray, I ain't pressuring Marvel bro to do anything. I am raising a question and making some comments. He doesn't has to take my words seriously. If family harmony surpasses everything, we shouldn't see him bought the blue bomber at the first place. What happened now? Action speaks louder than words. He did it! He now ranks audio above family harmony, I don't think J/PT understand him as much as before now. I feel every bit of your excitement after the relocation of the blue bomber.

Charles, it looks like the two damn bombers kill the glass wall. Those funny paintings tackle the 1st reflection point. It ain't enough. You are working towards perfection, aren't you brother Charles - the horning master?
  • Options
    You should have 2 clouds for the ceiling to treat reflection from both
    speakers. The paintings are very effective at reducing reverberation time. I have excellent results when they are placed behind the speaker AND my listening position.
  • Options
    Pt told me to put it in the window the first time when we brought this home...I just take one step at a time to accept this 'blue lantern' as my wife first described it...not a good name in Chinese term....

Now it is there and everything is much orderly! Just pleasure and no pressure....thanks to all...
  • Options
    Marvel大大,

你應一早就善用藍魔鬼啦. 喂, 後牆第一反射點要搞搞(因又係玻璃), 不要因此進步而停下來. 我己搞掂了好多.
  • Options
    發哥

你搞掂咗D乜呀?

Marvel 大大

我估你要買多幾幅painting 先得.
    我求 PT 讓多一幅比我而家發覺最小要 4 幅先得尤其係前牆要 blue lantern + painting.