Skip to content

My biggest audio project ever - the construction of a dedicated room showcasing AE's capability

Comments

• The bottom chassis is the control/power center. The middle section is the Line-stage.
  • The top is the phono stage. The whole unit is FULLY/TRULY balanced all the way from INPUT to OUTPUT inclusive of the phono stage.
  • It took me almost 30 minutes to get all the cable connections right just for this linestage/phonostage
  • The room was fully operational last Saturday. The time to move everything in plus all the reconnections took a total of 6 hours. The road ahead is long because understanding the acoustics of the room takes time. Of course, all the electrical parameters need time to run in.

I believe it will take me at least 3 to 4 months before I understand the relationship of the electronics to the room. Settling time for all the wires beneath the floor and behind the wall also takes at least 2 month to settle down.
  • The Baker sofa by Finn Juhl
  • Clever placement of diffusors on the right hand side.
  • That's very classy.
  • 唯美黑鑽 宇宙超強
  • edited June 2010
    I went to the audio room this morning again and this time it is much better than the first time after PT has set the frequency split between the Impact Stereo and Mono. This allows the more power monoblock to cover more mid bass to low bass while leaving the stereo Impact to handle the mid bass and above....the division of labour is comparatively more appropriately compared to the first day which is more destined for the previous smaller listening environment...another great lesson learnt....

I am utterly stunned not just by the Tidal suite but also the superior room acoustics, my belowed SMR EE power conductors laid everywhere in the room....Troy draining away the ground noise...does PT need the missing piece: Spartan? As a perfectionist, I am sure he will, but to me, it already exceeds my expectation and puting the Spartan there would only put me from 'stunned' to 'thrilled'...

All, please make sure you have a private session listening there, it is really an experience which every music lover would not forget...it really plays music and being just a crazy audiophile may not necessarily qualify yourself to develop a great love on this system.

Marvel
  • Congratulation to the great showroom! I am sure all the hardworks done really pays off now. This venture will probably raise the standard by a few notches. Better be, or I will come and knock on your head.

My apprecaition will be delivered to the new shop on time to show my appreciation.
  • The latest horn speaker from Cessaro - the Chopin I A beautiful piece of work.
  • Another perspective showcasing the wooden panel.
  • edited June 2010
    Another shot.

This speaker is very fast. Even though it is the smallest Cessaro speakers make so far, the physical size of it is actually not small. A great speaker for small to medium size room. A pair of 300B stereo amp can make it sing. It is lovely.
  • We decided to set up analog in the last minute. Checking level of the Craze Rack square now.
  • edited June 2010
    He is probably the foremost Da Vinci Analog expert in the Greater China region. All the Da Vinci Analog rigs are set up by him. Numerous Da Vinci system is set up by him throughout the years backed by a few decades of solid analog experience.