Skip to content
Options

My biggest audio project ever - the construction of a dedicated room showcasing AE's capability

Comments

• Options
    3 conductors for the ground; 6 conductors for Live; 6 conductors for Neutral going into 'ONE" outlet in the MCB box. Such configuration is exactly the same configuration of the Extreme Edition (EE) power cable.
  • Options
    Due to the complexity of the project, the electrician team has a total of 3 persons doing everything from scratch including optimization of the wires logistic below the floor/inside the wall; sequencing of the multiple wires for for each run of Ground, Neutral and Live. We want a clean layout even though no one can spot them in the future. This is a spirit.
  • Options
    These items are not for sale. Kyoto grade AC sockets (ALL BLACK) prepared by ORB specially for this project. The purity/thickness of gold applied is much higher than normal version.
  • Options
    Kyoto AC sockets 賣幾個比我得唔得?
  • Options
    Jlam, please send me a few.
  • Options
    I want them too.
  • Options
    Me too. Check email.
  • Options
    If there is any leftover, can AE spare me two sets?
  • Options
    When everything is set and done, Jorn will come and offer the following exclusive service to AE to build the best of the best room:

"Whole laboratory measurement gear for adjusting the speaker position it with a Leica laser along with a professional microphone along a proprietary software to determine what is the best position. Application of RT60 curve to measure frequency response and time decay of the room. Then, he will offer us a tutorial on the LPX (active crossover) in response to the room measurement. (Please don't confuse that there is absolutely NO digital room correction software here.) With these professional tools and real physics and acoustics knowledge, AE wants to push the envelope to the limit."
  • Options
    Contrary to the perception of metallic MCB box is a better choice (waterproof code IP65), we opt for MCB box made of special fiber material due to lower resonances property. It will also reduce unnecessary electrical interactions between metal and the large gauge copper wires.
  • Options
    All of the internal swtiches/breakers all went through cyroed process.
  • Options
    We also followed latest cable color code (EMSD). The main terminal copper bar also went through cyro process.
  • Options
    6 Argento master reference conductors were twisted to form the Neutral connection.
  • Options
    Then connect the Neutral to the switches. Hell of a job for one single Neutral connection.
  • Options
    Due to the thickness of the conductors (6 for the Neutral, 6 for the Live, and 3 for the ground), it is impossible to jam all of them directly to the Kyoto AC Sockets. We had to use spade lugs. Both 4mm and 8mm from Cyro Technologies in Japan