Skip to content
Options

My biggest audio project ever - the construction of a dedicated room showcasing AE's capability

Comments

• Options
    This is the 1811
  • Options
    我認為世界上未有一部可以贏呢部FM1811既機!唔通日本膽機得咩~~
  • Options
    I don't think so.
  • Options
    I have said before that the Ohio Platform is not intended to sit on anything except the SRA Rack, what a waste, I mean the FM.
  • Options
    No waste No waste, 放地下已經可以輕輕鬆鬆嬴晒D膽後級,有時知道穩勝就可以了。贏得太盡唔係咁好。
  • Options
    喂肥仔基, 聽聞膠袋佬連個低音都幫你搞掂, 重話隻隻碟都過關. 係就我地青衣幫小巴隊再來見識下, 我班兄弟話想見識下舊"大電"和"細電"的勵害之外, 想了解下老哥我選擇Vkiam轉盤解碼而不選dCs的原因. 我就真係想從膠袋佬的攞位偷下師. 不知今週三下午有冇時間?
  • Options
    I visited AE showroom with my wife last night. The feeling of the music improved a lot when compared to last time when I visited around 1 month ago. At that time, plastic bag man had not yet come.

I listened to the same tracks as last time including "You're everything" by Misia, "Every Night" by George Lam. The voice vibrating in the throat of George Lam was so concrete. I was KO again by the song of "Every Night"...

PT also explaint what plastic bag man suggested. I learnt a lot from him. The underlying theory is always so simple after someone pointed it out. The plastic bag man is really an expert. Just don't know if he can come and give some advices to my setting and gears.

This is the first time my wife listened to a mega system. Of course she is not able to comment in terms of bass, treble, etc... all she said is that the music is so great in AE showroom and is much better than my gear... so sad...
  • Options
    火兄台,

在我的音響之路上, 我從未遇過一個人如 "膠袋佬" 對房間特性和喇叭擺位有如此精確的判斷. 而且每一步都是用logic和理據去解釋, 不是憑感覺. 佢幫我搞套Cessaro Beta系统令我五體頭地.

Azzuri,

你太太昨晚是被意大利國寶級鋼琴家Benedetti Michelangeli所彈奏Mozart的Piano Concerto所感動. 佢把全個樂章聽完後說: 其實我不是太懂, 不過每一粒琴音真係好靚. 其實啞嫂冇聽錯因為Michelangeli被譽為”NOTE PERFECT” 的鋼琴家. 每一粒音好似都是雕啄出來一樣, 但又很自然流暢.
  • Options
    Why not take out the Michelangeli record earlier. come listen to it next time.

What is that white speaker?
  • Options
    I think the white speakers are from Gato Audio.
    Would be interested to hear how they sound connected to the Gato integrated.Very cool gear.
  • Options
    Peter,

Let me give you a brief run-thru of the Gato AMP-150 driving the beautiful FM-6 floor standing speakers from the same company.

The sound (most importantly - the musical flow) coming out from the FM6 driven by the integrated amp fills the entire showroom with adequate energy. I am very surprised by overall ease of the presentation as well as the control of lower-mid bass. It is rich, full-filling and tuneful. If I were asked to do a blind test, I would never imagine I am listening to an integrated amplifier. The electro-mechanical retro design of it is more than pleasing to the eyes.

A brief listening for two days (two amps were sold on the spot after customers test them because they were shocked by the performance, aesthetic, built quality etc at this price), I would characterize the sonic signature of this amp to be: resourceful, rich tonality and smooth. The musical flow is excellent. The twist and turn of the bow movement on the strings of the Cello are presented with “elasticity” alongside progression of incremental energy. The treble is clear and yet smooth. The abundance of details at this price range are considered phenomenal.
  • Options
    The AMP-150 - Walnut finish top plate.
  • Options
    Another shot
  • Options
    The Remote Control
  • Options
    In order to cure the reflection problem originated from the 45 degree angled entrance door, JLam has decided to treat it. There will be some more minor tweaks on the room.