Skip to content
Options

Money for Nothing, Chicks for Free - Genesis of FMR

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Where is Marvel bro? I'm surprised the FMR spk cable is nowhere to be seen on your super system. I had been hesitating to take the move until yesterday because I'd love to read your expert comments on them first.
  • Options
    Voy, no need to wait for me as you can find so much rave comment on this speaker cable....I am of course waiting to get mine...it is not the backlog in Argento that putting me off, it is more for me to clear the backlog of the items to be delivered and paid....Trust your instinct and go for bi-wire for your Algame.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

Please share your experience on Troy. Did you vote with your wallet?

• Options
    Did you miss the silver bat? Jlam told me your syren is the house reference now as they never heard it perform so freakingly good.
  • Options
    The syren is a great preamp. My recollection of 1-hr listening to the horn system with the syren as the control center delivers stress free micro movement with the right tempo. It is speedy but never hurries the completion of any lyrical line. The control of mid-range is some of the best that I have heard. Most people over simplify the mid range as either too thin or too thick. It is much more complicated that this over generation because mid-range is the section that covers a whole lot of colors. Transparency is thus a must, but the dynamic of the mid-range as demonstrated credibly from the Erna recording shows the Syren is stressfree in the midrange together with the transparency that allows me to peep through into the artistry of the soprano.

The macro picture is as clear as the blue sky but lack the commanding presence of a conductor in the case of PR-T1. Nevertheless, it still passes through with flying color on Peter and the Wolf. Maybe, Mahler will present it some challenges at the extreme crescendo.

I am sure Marvel is regretful of selling the syren. A solid state preamp in a horn based system will only restrain energy and subsequently dynamic.
  • Options
    Marvel surrendered before auditioning the system with Troy. He placed an order yesterday morning.
  • Options
    I was regretful first time hearing Syren pairing with Tron211 in PT's place a few months back. My stance remains the same and when $$ permits, I will either buy back the Syren in PT's place or get the BlackLabel version with Nickel core transformer. I do agree the difference between Tidal as a SS preamp and a tube preamp like Wavac PrT1 or Syren. I am waiting for the EMT JPA-66 phono preamp and have high expectation on its tube linestage running in tandem with its phonostage.

Unlike what Jlam said above, I didn't surrender before auditioning, I just put my trust (again) on PT's recommendation on Troy. The invitation to the audition last night only 'forces' me to confirm this 'unreserved' trust earlier than what my pocket can allow....woo woo woo....

Marvel

Marvel
  • Options
    Voy,
    Dont waste your time to go with 1 pair of FMR unless you love to enjoy the waiting process. Just go for double run.
    Shanghai Bigpiece
  • Options
    Shanghai dude, two bullets were eaten.
  • Options
    Voy, congratulations! Do share with us your "unconstrained' experience.