Skip to content
Options

Money for Nothing, Chicks for Free - Genesis of FMR

Comments

• Options
    I surely want to be the first one to get hold of this FMR Speaker cable but currently I have another priority is to upgrade my speaker with the new drivers and some new design on the internal cross overs. With that done, I could really benefit the most from the new FMR speaker cable.

All new owners of the FMR speaker cables, please share more in this forum.

Marvel
  • Options
    That's real cool! I will hold on to my EE spk cable. The 2nd pair of FMR will determine the fate.
  • Options
    Living in China is really headache. I wish the courier can arrive earlier.
  • Options
    Raymond,

Your EE speaker cable, like mine, will lose color to FMR when it arrives. My continuous comparison between the latest version of the SMR EE interconnect and the new FMR interconnect is that both exhibit a very high level of energy preservation, balanced and with full speed and weight. FMR has more contrasts and rhythm while EE in comparison would be less fast in responding to the minute changes of touching, microdynamics, etc.
  • Options
    Mine is very different from yours. Your pair is the thickest version produced back in 2003. Mine was bought in early 07, same batch with Voy. Our conductors are smaller and thinner than yours.
  • Options
    So we are talking about vintage now...

If we could lined up all the vintages of SMR EE and compared that with FMR, this wold be an extremely interesting but perhaps cruel exercise. I wonder when and where the quantum leap happened! Do they have serial # on them?

• Options
    Marvel bro is always at the leading edge of cable technology. I don't think he can like "vintage".
  • Options
    FMR at the back of Zanden 5000s
  • Options
    Tidal speakers rarely seen - the PIaDia is a VERY GOOD pair of speaker.
  • Options
    Ray's tidal impact amp to arrive soon to save Alec from the milky coloration at the bottom end asap produced by the current amp.
  • Options
    Morning dude, how's the power for FMR spk cable?
  • Options
    Alec, with the FMR, you must be listening to the deficiency of your amp now. Take my impact. I had a brief chat with PT. The glasses must be treated fully. Take the walker velocitor away, just use a simple ORB strip will reward you even more naturalness.

• Options
    Brushing aside the inherent coloration of the amp for the moment, I am still in shock of the impact of FMR speaker cable on the over-presentation. What it reveals is a whole new spectrum of texture and details which I never know is in the recording. It changes everything and I am once again lost of words. It is brutal but it is absolutely undeniable that the earlier generations of Argento product, despite its superiority over competition, are still holding back a sea of critical ques to make music float freely.

The challenge now is to address the deficiencies in the rest of the system and the listening room.

• Options
    I am sure my amp will cure some of your illness for the time being. But the most coloration comes from your pre. The amps are ok from a conventinoal point of view, much better than most out there. Borrow the Preos from PT!
  • Options
    Thanks for your generosity again. I believe the Impact has just arrived. The Preos will be next after the FMR has settled in for a few days as I do want to share more with AE fellowship on the FMR first on a standalone basis and then sequentially adding in Impact and finally Preos. Am sure will learn a lot along its way.

While I am short on capital, I make up with patience.