Skip to content
Options

Money for Nothing, Chicks for Free - Genesis of FMR

Comments

• Options
    Marvel,

I can imagine with the elimination of the glass vibration from your back wall, the raw and unaltered music coming off your cartridge would already put you in ecstasy.

The game is getting more interesting but also requires a higher level of commitment and dedication to transform what is already perfect to out-of-this-world. I have a long way to learn from the fellowships.

• Options
    Marvel bro, I am really glad for the return of the sacred silence. When will the high commander fly over to fix your speaker.
  • Options
    我好明白你的喜悅. 我自從用了FMR由Vekian DAC去"吉斯哥"前, 再由另一對Flow去後, 一對美麗極了的Flow喇叭線, 插去Eufro, 音樂的流暢和細節的自然表露令我聽多好多音樂.
  • Options
    發哥,

在今曰這個非理性的絕望深谷, 能經過FMR去尋回昔曰在音樂世界裏的真善美及早巳消逝的高尚情操, 實在非筆墨所能形容。多謝你的分享。

• Options
    力兄台, 請問Walker是乜東東? 點解唔整舊"京都骨"一了百了? 所有AE兄弟都有一個, 無論是號角幫, 康寧幫, 天鵝和山田幫, 以致達文西都一致推崇, 唔係比面而是真係有料到, 並非巧合. 閱讀你的post, 而Tidal的透明中性度, 京都骨所帶來的正面改進非同小可
  • Options
    Bro Fat,

Walker Velocitor is a power bar and as the name suggests, it adds velocity to the mid range upwards so will give user the sensation of energization. It is quite an interesting little gadget and good to look at .

Kyoto would be a great choice but unfortunately there is not enough space to accomodate it at the back of my racks given its footprint. I may just go for a junior ORB bar for the moment. In due course if I can free up some space, will defintiely look at that or even a Kyoto SE.

• Options
    How's the 3rd day of the FMR spk cable? Are you burning them in together with the impact amp? Kindly share more.
  • Options
    Dickson,

The FMR suite and the Impact has now completed the initial break in. in.

As I sat in my chair last night listening to the records with tears in my eyes, I started conjuring the title of my write-up in near future :

"From the Sea of Tranquility, The Eagle has Landed"

That pretty much summarised the shocking impact.

• Options
    which record drove your tears out?
  • Options

Too many... including but not limited to "Tears in Heaven".
  • Options
    Mine is Elisabeth Schwarzkopf. It never happened before but only after FMR is in the chain.
  • Options
    I have known Alecy for a decade since the last financial crisis. From his early days of Levinson/Theil to the interim stage of Vitus/Kharma, he has always been genuine in the quest for genuine musicality. His wealth of musical knowledge is much deeper than mine. Certainly, his patience is much better than mine too.

This very morning, when I saw a complete Tidal suite wire all the way thru by FMR cables, I know everything for his needs are there. It is only a matter of time and patience in taming the room and numerous other fine-tunings. There is a big job in front of him, but I am certain that this will be "one of the reference sites" in the future.

Later on, he will draw on the expertise of other AE fellows for comments so that all of us can learn from each other.

I am sure Ulrik will be very pleased when he sees this picture. The story is more than the cables implied.
  • Options
    Alecy, we finally belong to the same school now. Did you get the walker out of the picture? The room is not difficult to tackle, at least from the picture posted here. Proportion seems to be ok. It does not look too "hard" like Marvel's place. Tidal speaker is very sensitive to the back wall. The 1st reflection point at the back wall needs to be treated, try those acoustics paintings as they strike a very good balance between diffusion and absorption.

I believe you are now in a state of neutrality where all kind of noises out of the signal path can be heard.
  • Options
    dude, how does it feel like now?
  • Options
    On Saturday mornng, PT dropped by to audit my system. Right from the beginning and without any doubt, the music that pumped thru has captivated our hearts. It was not a romantic type of sound that sweetened our longing for all things beautiful - but a sense of "properness" that propels the music. Properness in terms of size, space and decay. We were simply moved!

The Walker was finally out of the way and I must admit it is still a superb power bar. But when the search is for utmost neutrality, it becomes an obstacle and it must go. In place is an unseeming rusty junior ORB bar. Despite its ordinary and somewhat military outlook, the impact was shocking and immediate. The feeling is like finally cracking the Rubic Cube with all the faces now in unison. You know right there that everything is finally RIGHT. PT told me the Kyoto Bar will allow me to hear additonal layers of details - and I know deep down it will be the closest thing to getting electrocuted!

In the coming week, the challenge is to find the optimum placement of the P.Diacera. As Raymond suggested, the pot hole at the back is very sensitive. Right now, the back firing bass is still searching for its siblings - if you know what I mean.