Skip to content
Options

The Ultimate Reference Power Bar by ORB - the KYOTO

12346»

Comments

• Options
    When the lower mid-bass drops to the floor (i.e. not enough energy to propel forward), please don't mis-interpret the bass dives deeper. The bass, as Jeff clearly points out, should reach you. You should able to feel the bass energy touches you, and the deep deep bass should go pass your listening position.
  • Options
    Mr.Studiogrey,

Did you relocate the 833?
  • Options
    Maybe switch back to original feet plate will alive d bass. . . . . .
  • Options
    Studiogrey,
    Does the 833 amp has a volume control, if you have not used it before, use it together with the preamp volume, you may be surprised.To my humble ears, the 833 is over powered for many spk systems. The volume pot of most amps and even preamps are not linear across, you get more bass when its turn entirely up, the sound is more refined between 1:00 and 4:00 in the case of amps.The volume pot is actually a variable resistor for loading purpose and it is an active component, which means sound signal passes through it, at different setting, it has a different sound.Try it, its free and be patient.
  • Options
    CCN Hing,你的想法正確,碳織釘碟的確將線條收乾淨.改回原裝碟應會多啲底音.
    Peter Hing,833的output gain如將之收細,動態將會有壓縮.
    不過等我試下將前級的volume同gain調較一下看有不同.
    多謝各師兄的寶貴意見.
    早2天出差,昨晚才有空再聽一下音樂,其實在各方面我對自己系统都幾滿意,底音量自覺也剛到好處.能滿足在下木耳,花費咗大量的金錢但只能滿足自我的喜好,但覺羞愧.
  • Options
    after some sightly adjustment, remove the xlr/rca connector from 2008 phono to prt1, prestige 833 find back her crown.
  • Options
    What other changes had you done? Don't use any adapter! They kill details and dynamics. What about the Mr.DV's suggetion of using original spike plate?
  • Options
    Jeff, I also switched back the loading from 390 Ω (goldfinger recommend loading) back to 310Ω for more airy and vivid sound.
    For the 301, I reinstalled again the tonearm and I got a better tracking ability then before. The cartridge changed from SPU gold to SPU silver.
    Spike plate still not change and may try later on.
  • Options
    I think 300ohm is about right. I usually don't go higher than recommended loading. The goldfinger is very control and dynamic, and the 833 is extremely control and dynamic too. Maybe, 200ohm may do the job.

What about the bass? Does it come to reach you or still drop on the floor? But that's Kharma, can't change the law of physics.
  • Options
    What drop on the floor?

I remember it come to reach you at the begining match with 833.
  • Options
    Hi, three loading I test yesterday are 390 Ω 310 Ω 270 Ω, the 310ohm seem be the best under my current setup.
    For the bass, it hard to define is reach to me or drop to floor right now, PT may come later and I think he is experienced people to judge this.
  • Options
    studiogrey

試咗未?
  • Options
    Charle, not yet but hope can try it later on.
  • Options
    Hello brother Charles! You have made a record by escaping the Vekian. How's the FMR shock through the Algame?