Skip to content
Options

The Ultimate Reference Power Bar by ORB - the KYOTO

Comments

• Options
    DSo' Kyoto
  • Options
    I have also got my Kyoto in "Production". However, I only utilize half of its capacity at the moment.
  • Options
    Beside the Kyoto, I have also set up a super tweeter for my system. Listening to live music has improved a lot with lots of "air" surrounding my listening area after introducing the new toy. Yes, I also just order a FMR from PT. Waiting for the delivery :)
  • Options
    Azzurri Hing, do you tried another record clamp for your 301?
  • Options
    Grey兄,

見到你被人把上枱暗串, 真係唔抵. 連你個架拗到V型已通灑天,冇水平和穩健的平台, 我真不明白你怎樣可玩好黑膠, 而且仲件件精品.

其實條條大路通罹馬, 但基本功始終要做好, 有時一些錯誤被人大造文章就冇謂. 其實Ptsang, Charles, DSo, Marvel大大等部是有經驗的人, 何不取經? 833用家更是遍佈中港, 絕不是深藏不露, 而是氣蓋天下, 豪情萬丈.

請恕我多言, 心底話而己
  • Options
    Let's stay away from gossips. Don't let rumors screwing up the quality discussion here.
  • Options
    I seldom call you but I did yesterday because I have undergone similar experience in the past...there are shortcomings and bottlenecks in almost all systems...there is always a group of 'humble and educated' people who want to point out your system's shortcomings and bottlenecks by implications. But for this time, I cannot agree with that implication because I have been listening to 833 in many places and myself is using 805. I used their phono and I heard countless times their PRT1 preamp...please by all means either fix the rack or change the speakers

Marvel
  • Options
    其實有関音響聲音方面,主要是娛樂及作一個消磨時間的活動,我覺得自己已經玩得唔錯.一樣東西不能取悅全部人但能滿足自己的要求,自覺開心是最重要的.
    人要接受批評才能有進步,所以我本人問題不大.
    如AE的兄弟們能上門指導更不勝感激.
  • Options
    發哥

每個人的觀念都不一樣, 他們以家訪為名而事實就是要打擊你套系統, 然後他就有機會賣自已的器材.

Grey 兄

你的系統要發揮出來不難, 只要找出問題在那裡.
  • Options
    查兄,如依你之前的印像,可以怎改善,最好小投資,大改善 :)
    直接啲,我無問題噃...
    發哥,我都知crazy rack好但$$$
    建行又唔爭氣
  • Options
    Mr.Studiogrey,

Sorry to intrude from Taipei. You have great components from top to bottom. To improve your system without spending resources, there is at least one thing you can do.

Your 833 blocks the air coming out from the bass port of your Kharma. You may want to try to relocate the 833 to another position. Your current positions degrade the whole system a lot.

The broken FE rack, however, is totally unacceptable. You have two turntable with the great thales arm there. If money is a concern, just order another a rack from China with fairly good finish. Azzuri posted his Shindo system sitting on some wooden rack. They will at least be better than what you have. At least, it will not bend like the FE. But honestly, crazy rack is not expensive at all as all of your components benefit from it.

I don't understand you have quite a few SRA boards which are not cheap, so why not get a crazy rack?

Sorry for busy body. But at least get a rack from China is a good start.
  • Options
    Hi, Jeff, for the rack from China I used before but the vibration problem was much worst then now. I made some additional construction underneath the top level of FE rack, I monitor twice a week and the situation is stable, the X/Y axes are horizontal after two digital of zero. Of cause crazy rack is the ultimate solution for me.
    For the 833 reposition, let me try and see any change will happen. BTW, I don't realize bass is not enough for myself.
    Thank a lot, Jeff.
  • Options
    Mr.Studiogrey,

I believe it is the "expectation" factor at work here. The 833 has tremendous both "driving" and "control" power. The presentation of Kharma's bass is a bit strange. It sounds like the bass drop on the floor. By anyone who is familiar with live bass would know that bass energy should be the forward type. The bass energy should go out and reach you, but not trapping inside. You ask any bass guitarist in any karaoke will understand.

The 833 can drive out energy effortlessly across the whole range, but your Kharma is dropping the lower mid bass to bass under the floor due to overdamping of the cabinet. A friend of mine here was using the Kharma Grand Exquisite speakes, and he always have problem with the bass. It is not a matter of enough or not enough. But the problem of energy dislocation. The mid-high and the diamond trebel will reach you easily but the bass is always leaving behind. So, any high resolution hardwares or softwares will reveal or even magnify the problem. You will then change everything and keep walking in circles.

I am sure you had visited Charles or Mr.Dso before, did you notice that there energy balance is very naturally rendered and controlled? They are also using 833.

If the energy balance is distorted, and there is no way it will sound right.

Keep it going, the whole community here will help you if you want to. Our group here in Taipei has everything in ultra end audio as long as they exist on earth. We know why people are unhappy and what they are really talking.
  • Options
    Thank Jeff for your kindness speech, I understanding what your reference for the bass.
    Let my try to get it done.
  • Options
    Jeff, well said. You clearly understand bass. Your descripton of bass also fits the Heritage somewhat.