Skip to content
Options

The Ultimate Reference Power Bar by ORB - the KYOTO

Comments

• Options
    呢舊"京都骨"到了未? 請各大哥大報告下, 我好有興趣.
  • Options
    For those who are interested, I will demo the difference between HT4GG and KYOTO powerbar via the Da Vinci System fed by the Vekian dac. I hope the postman will deliver them to Jlam on time.
  • Options
    Time is tomorrow afternoon
  • Options
    Half a dozen arrived at 5:00pm today
  • Options
    A hand glove is included. ORB called this power bar the "MIKADO" grade.
  • Options
    The wooden case is beautiful
  • Options
    The real Kyoto!
  • Options
    The original spike
  • Options
    Kyoto Side by Side with HT-4GG
  • Options
    It takes time for the much thicker copper bus bar with true 24K jewelry grade plated gold to run in. I just turned the whole system on and left it running continuously. Initial impression (only 5 minutes), I felt like there is no power bar, no signature sound, more silence between musical notes, more of everything but no change in tonal balance. I know there will be dramatic change tomorrow as my experience with all HT4GG requires at least 72 hours of run-in.

The other 4 Kyoto will be dispatched tomorrow. Studiogrey, wait for one more night la! I was very tied up tonight.
  • Options
    It took me more than 1 hours to fit 'Kyoto' in my tiny space housing all the power cords. I thought i might do it tomorrow but curiosity drives me to hook it up without further delay.

Initial impression on listening to CD (really tired to play with vinyl after the cable wrestling and relocation of the power supplies for 805Mk2 : Background is darker, noise platform seems lower producing more details, energy across all frequencies enhanced thus throwing out a bigger soundstage effortlessly. Let's give it a few more days of burning in and I will share more.

• Options
    Another shot
  • Options
    Took me more than an hour to reach this stage
  • Options
    Sorry to have included my bare foot in the photo....this Kyoto requires 2 input power cords and I am using 2 SMREEs to supply the power to it. Connecting to Kyoto, I have 3 SMREEs going to Tidal, Zanden transport and Raven, one OR going into Bergmann, one OR to Zanden DAC, one Flow to Vekian with 2 spare sockets left at this moment.

Marvel

• Options
    Marvel, can you say it is a night and day difference?