Skip to content
Options

The Ultimate Reference Power Bar by ORB - the KYOTO

1st batch of 5 all sold. Delivery end of Dec.

Comments

• Options
    真係好靚,比我想像中還正!!!
  • Options
    I was told swapping from the HT4G to the Kyoto is equivalent to upgrading amplifier from 805 to 833.
  • Options
    ORB new power bar is built like a power amp, three layers of color jet paint and many layers of clear coating.

The proprietary technlogy of new alloy has much better property to reduce various kind of noises. The new material is a breakthru and breaks all theoretical limits restricted by the inherent physical properties of other materials. It took senior enginners 3 years to make this breakthru and the first application is to the KYOTO power bar. The cost of development is high and the project is almost abandoned as the market probably will not have too much luxurious appetitie for an exquisite power bar. Thanks for the support of AE fellows, they resurrect the project. This is also the first time ORB uses a name for thier model. If you understand Japanese, the following chart tells all.

Other changes include the following:

The 4GG and 6GG have a 10mm wide BUS-BAR. The new reference power box have TWO 20mm width extreme purity copper BUS BARs. The BUS BAR is true gold plated by more than 2.5 micron. The sockets are all SINGLE type instead of double type. There will be a total of 8 sockets on both side of the KYOTO.

• Options
    那一位大哥已出手?
  • Options
    I am very excited about this...Has OrB developed a super power cable for this power bar? The positioning of the outlets surely would get me a lot of pain in wrestling all the FMR, EE, OR, Flow into this unit...but I am sure the result would be very rewarding....

• Options
    One of the success of the ORB power bar is the conservation of energy by using copper bar instead of internal wiring to connect between the power sockets. The wider the bar, the smaller the resistance and the less energy loss as a result. Now they double this bus bar and further increase the purity of the copper, I can imagine the result would be an expanded dynamic range with faster transient....Using isolated single power socket would also ensure minimal energy dissipation from the bus bar into the 2-socket unit by traversing into the much tiny wiring built within the 2-socket unit.

PT, will it come before X'mas or I should wait next to my X'mas tree to have it on Boxing Day?
  • Options
    About the sound of 'KYOTO';

'HT-4GG' has a top level of sense of speed, purity and energy that surpass other powerbar twice the price. Kyoto is an art - the art of power bar - which the Japanese has been researching numerous expensive power bars ever since 2000. The Kyoto is in a class of its own. The most remarkable things about 'KYOTO' is fineness and the delivery of strong bass. If you are using Wavac 833 and believe the bass is already almighty, a simple replacement of the HT4GG to 'KYOTO' turn make your mouth open wide because there is a lot of bass information that is missing from your 833 previously. The same situation applies to all other power amplifiers.

The bass resolution of Algame makes me can't sleep but now I know there is even more, much more......
  • Options
    Marvel大大, 你不treat好後牆, 我擔心你聽不足"京都"級排蘇的威力, 更可能把現有acoustics問題放大. 如你分析所說, 京都排蘇的能量將會更大. 我開始也認為用了"Deep Blue"後, 就等於搞掂, 大錯特錯! Deep Blue只係diffusion, 一定要加absorption才能完全解决, 我後牆不是玻璃, 我都頂不順撞聲. 後來得知查兄, 蘇丹尼和曾比得全都用三至四塊才能解決問題. 你和PT的交情深厚, 點解佢不幫你徹底解決問題.
  • Options
    Bro Fat, PT did actually propose what should fit me in terms of further room acoustics improvement, it is my own choice to pace it. What is your current setting in deploying the Deep Blue, absorption painting and the cloud?
  • Options
    一個deepblue, 兩塊painting 在後牆是基本, 你應問下查兄和蘇丹尼.
  • Options
    My experience of treating glass window is similar. The diffusion in the center only diffuses the energy. It prevents energy from concentrating at the impact area. Once you get this done, the sound is more relaxed, better depth and imaging but that is not the end.

Because the diffused energy will continue to circulate and bounce back and forth in the glass area. You got to absorb them. The entire back stage will calm down and this is the time you can really listen deep into the recording with true front-to-back imaging.

I saw you treated the 1st reflection point of the left hand side, that's good. If you immediate notice the improvement, it is natural to treat the rear wall too. Not complicated logic, just a natrual extension of your 1st step. You are halfway, and there is no reason to be standing in the cross section. Relax and get them done sooner.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    The best power bar is no power bar at all. I have spent quite some time and money on power bars over the past 20 years, I even diy some using exotic sockets, cables etc, they never come close to wall sockets. If we look at the issue at a different angle, a home power supply system is actually an enormous power bar, do you know what wires, and the ga size of the wire are used connecting the wall sockets. I don't know what's in your house, the one used in my house is several HKD per foot.
  • Options
    Pete, I agree. I just don't have anough wall socket. PT mentioned to me you are using one expensive power bar. What's that?
  • Options
    They will arrive before the end of 08!
  • Options
    Raymond,
    The power bar I'm using is Acoustic Revive, and its connecting wire between the wall socket and the bar is a cheap cheap 15A cable, UK made,terminated with Oyaide connectors. I find it more natural than any expensive hi-fi cables cos the connecting cable will dictate the sound of the power bar making subsequent power cords connecting the gears less influential.