Skip to content

AE 3rd Super Hi End Show in 2015

Comments

• 1st batch of Vetete HB power cable all sold without listening. I and TJ are very thankful of such strong trust.
  • 我也相信Goebel差不多就「全頻一體化」的厲害之處,因為冇有任何相位失真,所以音場立體感應該是無敵。但是効率低,要強如一對trinity功放才能發揮其真章。可是這條路非常之昂貴。

我還是很喜歡Cessaro Wagner的超級表現,十分之好奇加了Rachmaninov 超低之後會再進步多少。Rach sub用了兩隻TAD 16" 單元,比起Carmen內的兩隻12"要大,而且Rach sub是有自己的高密度低諧震音箱,如果分頻點在70hz附近,連續性應該非常之缐性。再加上Wagner本身已經是一對兩路號角,但已經有大音箱風範,用一個Trinity stereo amp推,應該是一絕。我訂了紫色Horn咀。
  • Beethoven SC can really be an essential factor to the amazing performance. It greatly reduces the noise and I can hear much more music in my vintage tube system. The vocal becomes full of emotions, not only for Teresa Tang, but for all singers. I can feel all the micro dynamics and details in every note. I have goose bumps every time I listen to Carol Kidds' When I Dream.

Besides the mid range, the separation of instruments, depth and everything improves. The bass becomes more powerful and yet very layered, crystal clear resolution which I have never experienced in the bass range before, really transforming my vintage gears into something else.

The change gets even more drastic day by day as I have just used it for around 50 hours. Can't imagine how much more it can give after 200 hours.
  • Man,

I agree with you that the burning in the Beethoven, the more mellow and organic the sound develops into. The bass opens up and disperse with much ease.

Marvel
  • Both rooms at AE super show will use Beethoven speaker cables?
  • We are all excited by the extreme gear and cables in the coming AE show. However I notice that there is not much coverage on Wadax which I believe is the designated phono for matching with the gigantic horn speakers, crazy turntable, heavenly power amp, etc. I have just read a review on Wadax Ultimate Trio in the latest issue of Taiwan most prestigious hifi magine -Audioart (音響論壇). The editor gave a very positive endorsement on Wadax. I appreciate Wadax in the aspect that it resolve all issues on analog in the digital domain but there is not any trace of "digital voice" in its output. It is interesting to see how Wadax works seamless with all the tube and analog camp. For those who are new fans of AE, they will be stunned by this digital component in the show. By the way, another killing feature of Wadax is that it could "map" the turntable-tonearm-cartridge so as to correct any inherent distortion. Will this be done on the field?
  • Azzurri, are you going to get Wadax Trio? It works superbly both as a phono and computer audio....It really fits into your system perfectly supporting both your vinyl system and transforming you from CD digital source into server based, hi rez....go go go!!!

Marvel
  • 大家早!條Vetere HB電源真係太堅!太抵玩!超級作品!我火四爺玩線都唔算少,呢條真係喜出望外。層次感極為驚人!我由昨晚2:00和青衣班兄弟聽到依家去飲早茶。
  • Mr Fire4,

Where do you put the Vertere HB power? Compared to other exotic power cables that you are using, what makes it standing out?
  • The Vetere HB power offers the best layering resolution I have ever experienced from a power cable. And it is too cheap to be true.
  • Please call 9181-1619 (Mr. Lo) if anyone is interested in Odin and Siltech Ruby Mountain 2 power cables. Anyone wants to have a thrill of this boutique cables, please don't miss this chance.

Raymond, Mr.Fire,

I agree - HB power is too cheap to be true. It belongs to super league. I am applying to my trinity Preamp and DAC.
  • Correct number should be 9182-1619.
  • HB power truly amazing, I need more. I replaced the latest NBS flagship power cable on the trinity power amp with the Vetere HB last night. Right out of the box without any burn in, I hear much more of everything. I truly mean much more. And the most promising is the amplitude of dynamics is much wider and hence livlier. In comparison NBS dynamics is constipated, American type of raw power without adequate texture and infrasonic resolution. A rare gem this year, especially when price is taken into consideration.
  • Start packing up today for the show. It is a very big job this year.
  • 今晚和家父一起用了Vetere HB電源線在巨匠K15前級上。聽了數首Rossini的作品,再聽Horowitz彈琴,然後再細嚼Du Pre的大提琴。我聽到的是泛音的超然立體感,層次感不是分開一排一排的那一種,而是泛音和房間音効互動所產生的現場立體感。更可貴的是泛音不是滿場飛,而是從固定一個位置發出,全頻也做得到此,是絕品。