Skip to content
Options

AE 3rd Super Hi End Show in 2015

Comments

• Options
    Pranawire's Linebackers XE, after shortage for 7 months, will finally be finished for the show.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Will Yamada make it on time? Let's keep our fingers crossed. This is the super league line stage 宙光 to pair with 長空。
  • Options
    This Cessaro flagship is shipping soon
  • Options
    we all look forward to this show! I wonder how can you manage so much works.
  • Options
    Caeles by Physical Motion is ready for shipment for AE show
  • Options
    The stand
  • Options
    And we shall test run this super system with th subwoofer driven by full suite of trinity soon.
  • Options
    Photos taken at Goebel laboratory in Germany. Oliver Goebel will be in Hong Kong installing the system
  • Options
    The power delivery schematic of the Trinity Room
    Vetere’s latest flagship power cord at the HB level will be specially terminated with UK male plug to work at the HK Convention Center electricity outlet.

It will then be connected to the world premier of Trinity’s ultra end power plant, where it generates its electricity again. I will most likely use an AC conditioner after this stage, and then all electronics will be plugged into this AC conditioner.

Tentatively, the power cords to be employed will likely to be the following:

Trinity PC – Tripoint Thor Signature power/Dalby Ode Ground

Trinity DAC – Skogrand Wagner / Tripoint Thor signature ground

Trinity Preamp – Dalby Ode / Tripoint Thor ground

Trinity Mono amp LEFT – Skogrand Beethoven / Dalby Celestial Ground

Trinity Mono amp RIGHT – Skogrand Beethoven / Dalby Celestial Ground

Trinity Mono amp SUBWOOFER – Goebel STATEMENT/ Tripoint silver signature

Trinity PHONO – Dalby 1500 signature / Dalby Pearl Ground

Vetere Record Player – Vetere HB power / Tripoint silver signature ground
  • Options
    As of today, Audiotechnique has just informed me all tickets were sold. We are thankful of the positive responses and shall deliver the best we are capable of.

To all overseas visitors who don't have any tickets, please contact staff of Audiotechnique at the entrance. At this point, they project even standing spaces will likely be inadequate especially at the Trinity/Goebel room because of smaller area - 100 square meter versus 130 square meter for the Cessaro/Zanden room.

Once again, the scale of AE show this year doubles up, and I frankly have seriously underestimated the amount of logistic burden on my crew consists of a few people only. Manufacturers also deliver their products to us the very last minute, making us impossible to do adequate field tests. Phew! Can't do anything about it! I can only move on!
  • Options
    I visited Eddie’s place on Sun and was amazed that over the past 12 months, his system has almost been transformed from a mediocre setup to a truly highend performance except perhaps a few cables which I am sure Eddie is considering replacing. The main pieces are there to sing in perfect harmony: K10G2/K70G2, Wadax Pre1 (computer source) and a full blown Chopin with ‘all-you-can-name’ upgrades built-in.

Everytime when I visited his place, I am pleasantly surprised by the improvement , be it K10, installation of the Troy Signature, putting in more SRA platforms to the gears. Never would I experience the biggest jump like this time slotting in the last piece of the puzzle: the Chopin. The speed of the leading edges and the tailing harmonics render a totally new listening experience which I would challenge (on his behalf) any top notch system which I have heard. Taking an analogy of wifi connection to internet, I feel I am connected to the music with ‘excellent’ connection reading clearly the emotional evolvement of the performers traversing sparkles one after the other.

I mentioned above that Eddie is considering some cables upgrades and therefore our audition was also surrounding some cable trials. Our thanks to ‘Ah Man’ who just received the Skogrand Beethoven speaker cable and let us try this brand new cable in Eddie’s system. It opens up the compressed soundstage by a wide margin revealing much details on the spatial resolution especially the lightest contrasts which we didn’t even aware of before we change the speaker cable. It was as though the volume of the K10 has turned up by 2 db that I feel the energy and dynamic was chained in the cage without the Beethoven.

We continued to move up the stream by replacing the interconnect between the K10 and K70 with Vertere HB. The musical landscape is so inviting and involving that we feel being part of the concert in traversing back to 1987 being one of audience of Sam Hui’s concert. When listening to some hands clapping in a music, I could even feel that force exerted differentiating a man’s clapping and a woman’s. I am not exaggerating and did ask ‘ah man’ to check the CD source who were doing the recording in the venue.

The signal path was subsequently completed by putting in the Goebel statement between Wadax to K10. At that point, I told Eddie there is no better combination of cables in the signal path that I would recommend to him todate on cables that I have heard. Cables cannot add more ‘contents’ in the course of transmission, it only degrades and add noises, I always learn from audition sessions like this. In Eddie’s case, I think he did a fantastic job is removing the mechanical vibration, ground noise and partially the electrical noise thus allowing a noise neutral platform for a fair and transparent cables comparison without which our assessment would not be accurate.

Eddie, Ah Man, please chip in yours....

Marvel
  • Options
    Full system
  • Options
    Opening the new beethoven
  • Options
    Beethoven cable
  • Options
    Hooking on k70