Comments

• Options
    The best power cord on my humble opinion is:

1. Beethoven
    2. Beethoven
    3. Dalby Rueben
  • Options
    Jeff

Your words carry weight. I believe the 2nd position is not a typo. I got you. Strange that PT never recommends Beethoven to me. Am I being isolated?

Marvel, you did not mention Beethoven power cable as your best 3? Is there a reason?
  • Options
    The best air compressor money can buy made by Durr Tedhnologies of Germany for the Caeles turntable by Physical Emotion.
  • Options
    Yes, my apologies.

Re-order:
    1. Beethoven
    2. Dalby Ode (I have not had Rueben)
    3. Goebel Statement

I am a 'preamp' guy believing that it the soul of the system, I always spoil it with the best resource I have got and therefore I use the Dalby Pearl ground wire and previously Ode in the preamp. Beethoven took over the place and now i am running 2 Ode in my power amp previously using Goebel. Having said, I might turn back to use Goebel on the power amp and use Ode in Trinity DAC and Wadax.....
  • Options
    Marvel

In what way in your opinion does Beethoven exert supremacy over the other two?

Ray
  • Options
    Marvel兄,點解還未答Uncle Raymond?
  • Options
    Fire4 & Uncle Ray,

I missed reading this one....apologies.

Beethoven, regardless of the technology behind, opens up a new page for my appreciation on cabling a system. Goebel,Dalby are the two brands which I carry a lot of pride to recommend to my other fellow audiophile comrades and in many 'cable fights' they all stand out from the others which also substantiate the recognition of these brands. I have not tried any other series in Skogrand but was told that Beethoven has adopted the technologies of a special project that Skogrand has worked with a government body.

Beethoven, both speaker cable and power cable, produces an extremely refreshing sound once plugged. In the past, we always describe listening to a hifi system compared to attending a live concert is like taking canned food. With Beethoven, the 'smell' of canned food just gone and one would feel like watching the motion and touchings of the performers. I would imagine putting Beethoven power in the power amp would even yield a better result because of the highest power consmption by the power amp among all the components thus drawing the most benefit from the Beethoven power. I might give it a try if $ permits.

Marvel
  • Options
    Had anyone visited AE prior the super show? How does Yamada san's 宙光 preamp look? The 長空 is a masterpiece. I wonder how will it look like. Why there is still no picture?
  • Options
    Miguel's surprise for the AE 3rd Super Show
  • Options
    Is it an Emperor ground wire or power cable?
  • Options
    i was so lucky that I went up to AE after lunch being the first AE member to listen AE setup trial version for the coming show. PT just told me they just connected all causally cause the trinity mono block just arrived yesterday. Btw, the case has a little different look from last version. Very minor.

With vertere on LP side, Wadax phono, Monica pre, trinity mono block and goebel speaker. All the gears are familiar to me expect goebel speaker. Man, this speaker really a piece of art. Like a beautiful sculpture. But this combo is new to me in AE. 聯合國!.
    So we started with playing with some LPs. The first impression is, ooooo, first time to hear a non horn sound in AE. It is a traditional sound, a non horn sound. So transparent is lesser. But some incredible thing is happening . The stage is extremely deep and I can feel where I am sitting watching a concert. All sound is so well resolved, well located yet very analog. No like a super pin point one. Just feel real. The music flow is very smooth. Cannot stop shaking my feet. Then I started to ask about the speaker. What, the iPad panel on the speaker does most of the jobs? PT explained to me it is zero phase error speaker. I pretend I understood, but I don't really care much. But it looks very good. Hahaha.
    Horn gives a strong lively and closer feeling but goebel give a very real live staging. Then PT took my comment on transparency, applied his magic then the transparent up!!! It is damn good music. The more I listened, then I asked PT, there are something very special. That I cannot explain. More analog than before. A lot more detail and very analog detail. Never happen in AE before. No silver cable type of detail but a very refine and analog detail.
    Then he reveal more and more secret. Hahahaha.
    It is the sc mainly. the Beethoven SC. no wonder Jeff and Marvel has similar comment. some songs really shocked me. I thought I know very well, almost listen every night, but still shock me like a different song. I listened almost two hours there, and not really want to go. Songs by songs.

Since it was only a casual setup, I cannot imagine if all set of trinity will do. Monica pre is also very good, no doubt. But I think all set will be match better for sure. With the additional sub in the coming show, cannot imagine how shocking it will in the show.
    PS. goebel is one of the best two non horn speaker I like. Magico Is another one.

Well done! PT!
    This two room for sure will be very different in sound nature but so sure it is top notch!
  • Options
    Photos
  • Options
    New looks! Very minor. I just noticed it is different, but I cannot tell what is it. I just saw it once in PT's home. But it is really a incredible power amp. 100w can drive this monster. So envy who own this beautiful gears!!!!
  • Options
    Kahw兄長,

請問Goebel的能量如何?
  • Options
    能量感沒有horn 強烈. 但stage 是深很多。 有一種很自然的好音樂. 可能Vertere IC 從pre to amp. 很自然。如果用goebel IC 的能量大点的。我相信。和銀牛版Monica 也較溫和。