Skip to content

Goebel Divin Marquis/Nobleness/Majestic /Epoque Reference

Comments

• Ready to break in time....

• Any experience with Lacorde Statement power cable on preamp?
    Regards. 
  • From Oliver Gobel

The Munich High End show 2018 was really extraordinary fun and a tremendous success for our products and the Göbel High End brand.
    In the following I want to sum up the awards and some of the published reviews / reports about our two setups (Divin Majestic setup and Epoque Aeon Reference setup) on the Munich High End show 2018:

David W. Robinson the internationally renown chief editor from positive-feedback.comawarded us with BEST SOUND OF SHOW for our Divin Majestic setup on the Munich High End show 2018.
    Under the following link, you will find the full article:

Peter Breuninger, the internationally renown chief editor of AVShowrooms.com also awarded us with BEST SOUND OF SHOW for our Divin Majestic setup, as well as for our Epoque Aeon Reference setup.
    Under the following two links, you will find the videos of both setups:

Edgar Kramer, the internationally renown chief editor from soundstageaustralia.com awarded our Divin Majestic setup in his „Favorite 10“ exhibits of the Munich High End show 2018.

Jonathan Valin, the internationally renown chief editor from theabsolutesound.com awarded our Divin Majestic setup and our Epoque Aeon Reference setup in his „Cost-No-Object“ category as BEST SOUND OF SHOW contendors on the Munich High End show 2018.

Ron Resnick, the internationally renown reviewer from monoandstereo.com and founder of whatsbestforum.com awarded our Divin Majestic setup in his „TOP SIX SYSTEMS OF THE SHOW“ of the Munich High End show 2018.

Roy Gregory, the internationally renown reviewer from theaudiobeat.com published his Munich High End 2018 show report. Herein he wrote the following about our Divin Majestic setup:
    "The sound of this system delivered huge scale, presence and power -- no surprise there. But what was impressive was the combination of agile dynamics, focus and transparency, which allowed the speakers, vast as they were, to effectively disappear. The Analogue Productions 45rpm pressing of Farmer’s Market Barbeque displayed shifts in musical density and sudden dynamic demands delivered with effortless, almost contemptuous ease. The bass was notably rich and a little plumy -- hardly surprising under show conditions -- but still devoid of drag or overhang, meaning the music lost none of its pace or immediacy."

Stuart Smith, the internationally renown chief editor from hifipig.com published his Munich High End 2018 show report. Herein he wrote the following about our Divin Majestic setup:
    "Göbel Divin Majestic loudspeakers which were frankly humongous and the company’s new flagship along with CH Precision M1 amps and the wonderful Kronos turntable and phonostage. This room looked as though the speakers would be total overkill but they were refined and very well behaved. Loved this room as usual when Göbel and CH Precision come together."

Doug Pyper, the internationally renown reviewer from hometheaterhifi.com published his Munich High End 2018 show report. Herein he wrote the following about our Divin Majestic setup:
    "So, funny story about Göbel High End’s house-priced monster floorstanders, the Divin Majestics. I took my seat in the room and began listening to the acoustic guitar solo demo track. As the piece drew to a close the audience started clapping and whooping – “why are you cheering a demo disc?” I thought. It was only once I turned to look at the people around me that the penny dropped - I was listening to a live recording. Well, that got my attention! 

Next up, St. James’ Infirmary from Satchmo Plays King Oliver, catapulting me straight into audio nirvana. The effortless rendering of Armstrong’s gravelly voice accompanied by beautifully resolved symbols, placed noticeably apart from the vocals, testified to the Majestics' astonishing imaging and transparency. It’s difficult to say these are the best speakers I’ve heard at Munich High End 2018, but I certainly haven’t heard better here!"
  • Goebel, Wadax and Lars at Munich Hi-end 2019 :smile:

• Marvel, Roman and Hang critically evaluated my home System last night.  

• In the ultra highend audio equipment domain, different brands have different unique strengths, but all of them equally require painstaking tuning and patience to fully exert them. 

The unique strength of these Goebel Epoque speakers is on the seamless integration, once you found the sweet spots to place these speakers, and match them with the source and amplification correctly, you can feel that you become part of the music! 

The sound stage is not just in front of you. It's all around you. I did feel that I was sitting on the stage listening to the performers performing in front of me.

These speakers require near-field listening. I was sitting around 4 feet from them. When playing concertos, I could tell I am sitting around the 3-4th row in music hall with the stage a little bit above the floor and the whole orchestra expanded before me like 6 to 8 feet away. The sense of presence of the violinist was so strong that I could feel the bowing in action. When we listened to Carol King's live performance, I could visualize she was sitting in front of the piano around 7 feet away, and sometimes she turned her head a bit to look at the audience when singing very near the mic. We all could feel she got a bit exhausted with some coarseness in her voice, because the resolution of this system is very high and transparent that it would squeeze out the details of the performance without beautifying it. 

It's so enjoyable to play live performance when the integration of speakers reached this level. It's even more difficult to integrate Cessaro's 項羽 subwoofer, but once you successfully did it, you will be brought back to the recording venue sitting in close distance to the performance!

With this near-field listening design, the only drawback is the perfect sound stage can only be enjoyed by one person at a time, but the bright side is, you don't need a very large listening room with 8m depth to house them. 

What a wonderful hifi night!
    Man
  • edited July 2019

I requested Lincoln to pay me a visit at the beginning of the year for the following reasons: (1) to gauge the performance of my system in an ordinary HK household apartment, (2) to share the skills deployed to tick the system, (3) to offer advices to mitigate deficiencies detected.  Last but not least is to radiate the passion of AE to a broader readership.  I am honoured that Lincoln will write this report.  I told him to focus on “holistic management” of the system encompassing room acoustics, integration of subwoofer with the main speaker, and the technical relationship between amplifier and speaker etc.

Göbel Epoque Reference are the main speakers in my home. They are augmented by a single active 項羽 subwoofer (2 x 12” drivers) made by Cessaro.  The digital front end is JMF Audio 3.7 universal transport and DAC 2.2.  The APL-01 SE preamp and AFM-100 SE power amplifiers are respectively by Riviera Labs.  Troy Elite by Tripoint Audio fends off ground noises. All electronics including the subwoofer are plugged into the Vertere HB Electrical Phase Management Center.  Then this distribution bar is connected to the JMF Audio PCD302 AC conditioner.  All electronics are placed atop SRA Craze3 rack. 

Lincoln accepted the invitation on Jul 11.  He was fully prepared with many Glass CDs alongside the new SACD for the upcoming Audiotechnique HKAV Show from Aug 9-11.  He seriously tested ALL tracks in my system.  I could see he had many conversations with Rebecca.  I am very impressed by the quality of the upcoming SACD.  I shall patiently wait for this home visit report.

Thanks for the participation of George, Martin and my very good friend Douglas.