Skip to content
Options

Goebel Divin Marquis/Nobleness/Majestic /Epoque Reference

Comments

• Options
    Hi Napoleon

謝謝,我超喜歡這對小神曲,個子不大,但重播出來卻是 Mega speaker 的訊息,經過兩星期,我亦已初步掌握到佢能量的擴散,找到一個平衡嘅擺位,從容、不逼。我亦期待你對 Goebel Aeon Reference 開聲!😊
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hi Dynamic. 

First of all, congratulations for your new speakers. They look really amazing in your room. 
    The first thing i see is the position is perpendicular and far away from the wall front. 
    Is this provisional or final position?
    It seems Marquis has a lot of energy and needs a lot of space to develop it at high level. 
    I see a TV covered with a thick cloth with an audio replas at the top. 
    How improves your sound with this solution?
    Where TV adding bad reflections?

Kind regards. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hi Stereophonic

The picture shown is not the final position. Relative to bass, Marquis' treble and midrange are easy to handle. The energy is strong but soft. I covered the TV by a piece of cloth to reduce the impact of high frequency reflection.  By the way, the square audio replas plays a role in stabilising the sound stage. The imaging of the vocals are more concentrated too.

You are right, Maquis needs a large space for them to breathe, especially Bass. My listening space is not large, so it can be my biggest challenge.  

I try to widen the left and right speakers as much as possible. The angle of the toe in now is about 20 degree.  The direct and reflected bass energy is more balanced than before. Even under the loud volume, I do not feel pressurised anymore.

But I believe that it needs more hard work to the best sound. Now I am trying to play different kinds of music, seeking opinions from experienced audiophile, and then fine tune again. I enjoy the process very much. 

• Options
    We set up Gobel Divin Marquis at AE central. 

• Options
    Mr Dynamic;

Can you report more after the Marquis has been burning in for a month? 
  • Options
    Hi DVader

There is no doubt that Marquis is a pair of super hi-end speakers. After a month, more than one hundred hours of burn in, plus PT, Marvel and Roman came to my house to give guidance, Speakers position problem has been solved. The resolution is something I have never enjoyed before. The texture and 3D that midrange brings to the voice of vocals and violins cannot be expressed in words. I now enjoy Marquis every day.  

My system has not been changed after Marquis Joined, synaestec audio saxum drive Marquis more easily than I expected.

The next challenge is to solve the 45hz and 80hz standing waves in the room and speakers resonance problems. These two issues cause the bass speed and transparency to be far away from PT's home. It still need to take some more time to reach the ‘ultimate level’. 

• Options
    Mr Dynamic,

How do you resolve issues below 80hz? This is the sub bass region, not so easy.  You need big big big trap for this range.  
  • Options
    Hi VRamos

It is still unresolved. Fortunately, the situation is not serious. However, to get a “transparent” piano sound, this key issue must be solved. 

Right, if you want to use passive bass trap, the size is quite large, and more or less will affect the mid and high frequencies, so I think the PSI active bass trap will be a good choice. Let me fine-tune the speaker position to see if it can improve the situation. Otherwise, I’ll go for PSI. 

• Options
    Mr Dynamic,

Your speakers are very beautiful. I saw the discussion of “mahjong” sound.  Can Marquis replay mahjong sound faithfully?  Of course I don’t buy speakers to listen to mahjong.  But this has become of the evaluation criteria of PT, which is funny but he got everyone. 
  • Options
    Mr Dynamic,

Can you share more about the Marquis? I am sick of US speakers and considering to walk another path. I need expertise knowhow. 
  • Options
    Hi Jude_Lin

Do you have any idea about Göbel Divin Majestic or Noblesse ?

Marquis must be of the same pedigree, coherent, direct, real, transparent, and magnificent. The speed of AMT Tweeter is close to horn tweeter.

However, it should be noted that Marquis is very frank and sensitive. If the system noise management is not good enough, such as ground Noise, mechanical vibration noise, electrical noise, etc., Marquis will show it without reservation. Once the above factors are handled well, you will be moved by the texture of Marquis's voice.

• Options
    Went to AE central showroom today and KK was very kind to have spent 1.5 hrs with me as a professional DJ.

The system is as the picture above but power amp and phono are both replaced by Synastec. All I can say is I was very very impressed by the system, especially the Marquis speakers! They are full of energy in the low register meanwhile retains the openness in the highs which is rarely achieved by traditional speakers; they throw a huge stage behind the speakers despite of the moderate size and they look beautiful too. I was attracted, for the first time in a long long period, by a pair of traditional speakers that’s not “horny” :p  
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    i went to the Central showroom with Kahw yesterday.
    Met Mr. Zanden there too!   :D

Big thanks to Marvel for giving us an very enjoyable afternoon.
    The Marquis is really something!
    And so are the pairing components.
    I shall post a few photos here.

• Options

• Options