Skip to content
Options

Vekian transport

Comments

• Options
    Any interesting audition experience over the weekend?
  • Options
    Ray, I shall see you next week.

Have you or some other fellows had paid a recent visit to the Tidal suite? Please share more.
  • Options
    Finally arrived! Have not heard EVER in my life on the CD performance can be at this stage in my system!!
  • Options
    可以話係"一生何求"的一部CD機. 我並不是AE完完全全的忠實客人, 也要說一呴:"真係好撚野!" 顧及二手價不可能聽到呢個水平. 實在拋離對手太撚遠. 我套FM想不到是如此有音樂味. 連條數碼線都慳撚翻, 用HDMI線,真係好撚野.
  • Options
    我絕對認同你和Marvel大大的評論. 係一套破格的作品. 完全想不到CD能重播至此. Marvel大大的"EVER"一字沒有誇張. 一套聽和單頭聽解碼根本是兩個不同世界的事, 想不到轉盤的影響可以這般偉大. 剛剛用上了一條Zanden造的HDMI, 今晚細心品嘗. Marvel兄, 你對Zanden HDMI線點睇? 你有冇用Tripoint Stuff在盤上?
  • Options
    I have bought the Zanden HDMI cable and it demonstrates how accommodating and thoughtful Yamada san is....making a even better cable to make the Vekian combo shines...can you imagine this? Really a man with great thoughts and openness! My salute to Yamada san!

No, I have not used the cable yet because I want to understand more on the original combo first as otherwise, I may not be able to understand the jump with the Zanden HDMI cable.

Tripoint Stuff, again, something I will definitely try later on the transport to see the difference / improvement. How about you?
  • Options
    Music flows out at ease and has a naturalness and silky texture! In the past 2 days, I tried to put a LP on my analogue system,not because I am too busy with my new toys, I just worry this new height of CD performance would trigger another round of internal competition between my 2 sources....is this an endless game? I have not used the Zanden HDMI cable, I have not put in the Stuff yet...and many that have already been launched in AE's lab....

My Sissel CD has been with me hundred times as a test CD, again, it reaches the highest performance in my system tonight with the Vekian combo...Sissel sounds so sweet and soothing which in the past, the CD harshness always disguises the softness of Sissel's fairy voice!
  • Options
    Marvel兄台

等我今天出旺角去買呢隻鬼妹CD先. 昨晚我插了Zanden HDMI落部Bluray煲下先. 嘩, 你老尾, 畫面靚好撚多. 光暗好有層次, 黑色地方更多細節. 葉問2揪鬼頭那場的燈光感好立體. 呢係日本仔Zanden真係有料到.

昨晚觀塘線小巴的發燒朋友齊集荃灣. 佢地以為Boulder出了CD機, 笑撚死.第一隻播揚春白雪, 全部靜撚灑. 未撚聽過細節如此的多, 每一件野都好有立體感. 有條友話剛剛在另一套"乜都濃"大佬聽完, 感覺D聲好撚人造膠, 一尾得過大件頭, 高音又硬.

班PK不停地播碟找破陣, 點知我一撚插了Zanden HDMI落轉盤後, 全部收爹!
  • Options
    Marvel,

Can you share more listening experience about this vekian suite? In particular, how does it compare to your Zanden combo? As far as I understand, the Zanden source has been the longest serving component in your system. PT said it was very rare for you to hold on a source component for so long.

WChow
  • Options
    PT is right, Zanden stays in my system the longest time albeit the many transport, player, DAC temptation and physical presence in my system. Vekian DAC shared the place of DAC with Zanden last year but with the recent upgrade on the DAC, I feel it is very matured in sounding and almost unbeatable by any other DACs that I have heard. Of course there are still a few out there which I have not heard.

With the HDMI link, Vekian transport has the best synergical effect with their DAC so I cannot blame Zanden transport not doing the best job. Clocking is undoubtedly playing a very critical role in providing clarity on the bass resolution, speed and the right rhythm. I also believe the vibration prevention mechanism in the V transport has also played a very key role in rolling out the ultra treble and bass thus recreating the 3-dimension feel of the soundstage.

With the upgraded V DAC, I thought I have the best musicality combining with Zanden as the latter has impressed me big time by its musicality and coherence. When I pair up the V-combo, the last filmsy feel has been utterly removed! Total transparency (with perhaps the room acoustics remaining to be the final barrier) with much vividness and fresh!

Marvel
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,
    My initial impressions of the Vekian Combo. Immediately out of the box, the sound hit me like a solid wall. Wow! There was so much information! Especially on live recordings, you could hear everything in the recording. Things you have never heard before! e.g. in the Jack Johnson live CD 'En Concert', I used to hear the audience singing in the background as one voice. Now I hear all of their different voices.
    I'm giving it time to settle in, before writing another report.
    I'm also using the included PAD HDMI cable. Can anyone tell me the difference they have experienced between the PAD and the Zanden HDMI?
    (I also have the Zanden HDMI, and I'm currently 'burning' it in between my Cable box and Flat Screen). What sonic difference do the folks here see between the 2 cables?
  • Options
    Katongkid

I tested more than 15 HDMI hi end cables on the vekian. The best three are: Crystal, Zanden and Sient wire. Zanden has more focus on the mid range, the treble is darker than Crystal. Silent wire is the best amongst them - natural extension, neutral and balance but not as tight sounding as the PAD HDMI. The PAD is not bad but too tight to my taste.
  • Options
    Marvel大大, 請問你有冇用Silent wire HDMI? 我認為佢比Zanden HDMI更平均
  • Options
    Bro Fat,

No, I am using Zanden HDMI, I want to let the admirable spirit of Yamada san going through my CD source....as I have mentioned before, Yamada san listened to the Vekian combo and created such HDMI for it...that earns my highest respect of him. I asked PT to get the Silent Wire but gave up on second thought because I really really want to have Zanden chaining up the Vekians...a bit sentimental...
  • Options
    I find the Zanden HDMI to have too much emphasis on the lower mid bass. There is some compression of the higher trebel and beyond. Correct me if I am wrong, other users of Vekian.