Skip to content
Options

Tripoint Troy: Can one live without a kidney?

Comments

• Options
    ALL FOUR "SOLD"
  • Options
    I just rec'd the Troy yesterday, can anyone tell me how long does it take to run this passive device, it sounds a bit tight and bright in the first 10 hours, other than that, its a great instrument for music lovers, the tone color is beautiful, can't imagine its made in the States.
  • Options
    It takes 20 hours to settle down. But I did not have any tightness or brightness. My system sounds much more natural than before in the first 30 minutes after connection to the Troy. If the tone becomes more colorful, how can it be bright? Anyway, we all hear different things.
  • Options
    Ptsang, It keep improve in a whole week.

Also, does a WE300B need run-in very long time? let say two or few hundred hours. 2 weeks run-in, its sound there are still very long road to go.....
  • Options
    Yes, you are right, the tightness and brightness gone after 3 days cooking. My preamp does not has a ground, so connecting the Troy is more or less grounding my preamp with a very expensive silver cable, it enhances the preamp's tonal color is pretty obvious.
    Mr DV, a new WE300B(40's-50's)takes weeks to break, my used late 30's WE252A takes 3 days, 12 hours a day to re-break.FYI, WE252A is a drop-in replacement for 300B,sounds like a 205D, I can't imagine how your DV system sounds with all the 300B replaced by 252A.
  • Options
    PTsang, isn't the Troy is magnificient? From what it does, it is a true bargain. As you said, the refinement it offers after cleaning up the ground noises make one feel it is made in Europe but not the states.
  • Options
    Raymond,the Troy is more than magnificient.I have the Zanden CD combo connected,the sound is even better, and to my surprise, the sound is more powerful and dynamic. There still a little mystery here, why we need 2 ground connections for a piece of equipment, one to the Troy and the other in the existing power cord. I did experient by removing the ground from the power cord of the Zanden Transport, the sound didn't sound right, I know I don't need to fiddle further,perhaps the Troy design has already figured it out and provided the solution inside the Troy.
  • Options
    Need help! I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect the Tripoint silver connectors and their thick spades to the following

1) Zanden Transport Power Supply - the screws are too small

2) Wavac PR-T1 power supply (The large Box).. screws are too short

3) Vekian DAC - the screws are too short

Can someone please let me know where and how you connected the spades? I currently have them taped to the components!!

Thanks guys!!
  • Options
    For Zanden CDP and transport, connect the spade to one of the 2 screws of the IEC connector, the screws are long enough for the large or the small lugs. Don't worry, I have checked the screws they are grounded to the chassis.
  • Options
    Charles, just want to know how the Troy performs in your place. The 'ground' in your place is very different, you don't need to share it with your neighbours, you don't have elevators to dirt your AC source, so the grounding is supposed very pure.
  • Options
    The huge transformers of the 833 generates enromous amount of EMI from within plus RF noises traveling everywhere in the air. What you are describing is externally induced AC noises which will in turn affect the ground.

The Troy to my understanding deals with noises generated from within regardless of the quality of AC noises.
  • Options
    Have had the Troy connected for the day to the Zanden transport,Wavac PR-T1 (thanks Peter for letting me know how!) and the Vekian.
    Initial impressions - deeper and more soulful bass, more musicality all around, though a little on the bright side! I'm sure this will go away in time. I'll report more in a week, after its burned in awhile.
    Has anyone tried connecting it to the 805s?
  • Options
    等到脛都長, Troy終於到手!
  • Options
    偉師父幫我找最佳位置接Ground線
  • Options
    我覺得聽黑膠靜了很多很多, 音色好美麗(如曾比得大人見解一樣), 就連動態也大幅進步, 因為低頻泛音和線條大幅躍進. Troy完全冇有接觸電源條路, 又冇接觸訊號線和喇叭線, 竟然可以將訊噪降到這般低, 真係好嘢. 呢舊野在我心是神級補品.