Skip to content
Options

Tripoint Troy: Can one live without a kidney?

Comments

• Options
    What is your feeling on that german amp?
  • Options
    I have been visiting PT on and off in the past few years and witnessed the evolution of his system around Alpha one. While improvements were noticed between each visit. The latest one on last Thurs was the most impressive one, in terms of aboslute performance and marginal improvement. It was a very big jump that could be attributed by his hardwork and identification of really exotiic toys like TROY, FMR and the crazy Davinci phono stage.

Its hard for me to say its attributed by any single piece of "tool" but I just feel the amp, being an integral part of it, is very all round, detailed, balanced, transparent and resourceful but not agrressive. I have a strong feeling that the amp still has a lot in its pocket. The LPs brought by Marvel bro just let it show-off. The amp combo caught me in surprise and changed my impression on Syren. Looking forward to see the final product running with the Black label Syren.

Bigpiece
  • Options
    昨晚是我第一次聽Tripoint, 我冇唸過佢超班到呢個層次. 尾音未試過那樣清甘幼細. 因為連放手大細力Pull off既技術都一清二楚. 聽小提琴嚇Q死!
  • Options
    Great news to those dying fo the TROY. The 1st batch will be shipped from the US at the end of this week assuming if there are no further delays. The pain of noises are not easy to bear after expericing with and without the TROY.
  • Options
    Just learnt that your new Tidal impact stereo arrived. Does your batch sound better than my batch?

I can finally have some piano tonight after opera and orchestra for many months with the 833.
  • Options
    I briefly listened to the Impact last night, straight out of the box and had the impression that there are more details coming through mid to high. The bass department is still a bit shy and I am sure with proper run-in, it will catch up big time.

I can't be sure with that brief encounter whether this added details on the top is a result of shorter bass dimension (in the context of audio pyramid) or a real improvement of Impact since your earlier version. But it is likely to be the latter.

Now just hanging on the final stretch until Preos and Troy arrive.

• Options
    Due to overwhelming demand for the Tripoint Troy, I apologize that we can only allocate stock based on "first order, first serve" basis. PT is under a lot of pressure from AE fellows to get the stock first, but again, due to limited supply and long delivery time, we can only deliver the first three to the following fellows:

1.DSo
    2. Alecy
    3. Mr.DV

The next batches will be:

1. Raymond
    2. Voy R
    3. Shanghai Bigpiece

We will try every effort to satsify everyone. The Tripoint is a must own item if you are serious about what you had already invested in your beloved system.

J
  • Options
    I'm fine with the arrangement as I will spend 4 weeks traveling in Europe. That's the only way I can forget all those "fxxking" ground noises.
  • Options
    When Troy arrive?

• Options
    If there is no delay, they should arrive end of this week.
  • Options
    It is confirmed that the TROY had already left the US on Monday.
  • Options
    The pain of tolerating ground noises will at least be gone for three lucky fellows today.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The instruction wrote - Recommend 24hrs run-in.........

Before connect the Troy, i really felt there are no room to get improve on cleaner or more silent sound.... because the Kyoto is really deadly cool, and get the job done already.

This is first time i listen to Troy. Now i start getting some concept how ground noice affect the sound. My plan A in beginning is connect only one cable test for few days, too bad I just cannot stop connect the other since i try the 2nd cable in the final. Each piano notes jump out like a pearl, and i can almost point out how a violist move their arm, shoulder and body, even i could feel their back, and the viloin sound changing follow with the body movment! (Sound darker, brighter, forward, backward...due to the body is moving)

This accessary does not try to draw out the maximum detail, the details are there in the beginning, but Troy just make the details alive. First time i heard this level of "details". Last, run-in more will be better, but too late now. Goodnight!

• Options

Sublime!!!

• Options
    Just getting better by the hour...

Gone are the grease and grit. Just passion of the music is pumping through.