Skip to content
Options

Tripoint Troy: Can one live without a kidney?

Comments

• Options
    Damn it! Where is my Troy?
  • Options
    Be patient. There are many others who are as impatient as you. Focus on other parameters of the system for the time being.
  • Options
    Hello Alecy, mind sharing more with us other than two photos? Your writings are more beautiful than the photo. Come ON!

Greetings from Belgium

Raymond
  • Options
    Dso,

Sorry that I cannot visit you yesterday to hear the power of Tripoint. Mine would not come soon as I am a late follower this time. I hope I could visit you this Sat and please SMS me since I still have difficulty in calling your mobile last night....

Can you share more about the magic of Tripoint.

Marvel
  • Options
    marvel bro, seems everyone is busy today, maybe because of the troy drag them into a musical abyss, forgotten all of us here....
  • Options
    Smaller spades for easier connection.
  • Options
    After a visit of PT's place last month, I already had a very high expectation in Tripoint, say much darker background, more details and more air. Having spent two days with this beautiful toy, the improvement is still totally out of what I could imagine before.

With the help of Tidal room acoustics treatments and Kyoto power bar, I thought the music coming from my system almost noise free and the result by adding this toy should not be shocking. After five grounding wires with one borrowed from PT hooked up to my Tripoint, I almost fell down from my sofa and was wondering why the soundstage could be so fxxking dark. Lots of lots of details could be heard from bottom to top end especially the deep bass which was quite unexpected. You could sense air arising from each instrument and dispersing to the atmosphere, the music was damn so live. When I played the Beethoven quartet, the feeling was more than listening but watching the four musicians playing their string in front of you instead.

When listening to the Paganini's 1st violin concerto by Hillary Hahn , the sound was fxxking fast and dynamic with the right proportion of decay from low to high range. The improvement was still fxxking scary compared with the last experience together with PT and Ralph.

How about opera? I believe most AE fellows know that's the strength of when 833 driving a Cesaro. I put on Bizet's Carman by Maria Callas, the voice coming from the most renowned soprano had never been so fxxking real and live and you could hear her throat and body moving very clearly. The soundstage was huge and you could easily hear the vocalists walking around the stage in a 3D way. The improvement was outrageous.

One question was in my mind, did one kidney enough for our body? I timmediately hooked up the two grounding wires from 833 to one binding post of Tripoint, the result was quite discouraging. Unfortunately, I don't have enough wall sockets for an additional kidney, but at least it is a good thing to my wallet. I also compared a normal grounding wire with the one provided, the result was simple I had to call PT to order a pair of signatures for my 833 and will share more when they arrive.

Marvel, sorry for the small dog incident last Sunday. But this Saturday should be okay, I will call you later this week to confirm the time.

• Options
    DSo, your astonishment is well felt here in Europe. It is difficult go back now without the Troy, isn't it? Ever since that day, all I can hear everywhere is ground noises. Fxxk it! It is good to read you are using the F word in a happy context. For those who are still waiting, we can just fxxk! fxxk! fxxk!
  • Options
    DSo,

I feel great reading your impression on the Troy cos I love the "F" word very much.
  • Options
    Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long. 4 Troy will be shipped this week to HK. I am sure the context of using the "F" words will change from negative to positive.
  • Options
    J, make sure one of them in the pic belongs to me or I will kill you!
  • Options
    This device is "fxxking" crazy! I couldn't hold myself from using the F words to express the "divine" quality bestowed upon on my favorite opera recordings.
  • Options
    I share your joy. It's damn "fxxking" crazy! I feel this Troy device requires a long burn in time. Even right out of the box, even my kids turn their head back and asked me what had I change.
  • Options
    Echoing the joy of DSo, VR, Bigpiece, Raymond, Alecy, Mr.DV and of course PT's professional viewpoints, the Tripoint I truly feel is a serious reference device. If anyone is serious about sound quality, that is the only device that deal with ground noises in the most proficient manner. In audio, many believe there is no right or wrong. But for the Tripoint, it is doing audio mercy. I don't think anyone can listen to piano reproduction without the Tripoint if one had ever listened once with it in the chain.

The whole presentation is becoming more and more relax and natural with each hours. The details are all there as Mr.DV commented before but the presence of ground noises prevents our ears to hear the tone. I can hear much more tonal color than before. The Tripoint does not increase the resolution as it dosen't touch the AC path and the signal path. The resolution is already determined by the cables and the hardwares. The tripoint just cleans up the dirt. I guess no one will love the dirt once everything is cleaned up.

Don't understand what theories behind, but this is surely the most revolutionary product I have ever encountered.

Job well done, no dispute, no argument, and I understand why the waiting time is so frustrated.
  • Options
    Installation by Master Wei