Skip to content
Options

Welcome TIDAL to the AE Community

Comments

• Options
    My source is clearaudio master reference turntable/tonarm, goldfinger cartridge. When I mounted the goldfiinger, I was so shocked by the dynamic with my FM222 phono. Now, the tidal in the system, and it teaches me new meaning of dynamic. It is not just big punch to you face but dynamism in all frequency range. Even the sound of the flute is very dynamically presented. I am very satisfied. I know Tidal speakers are truly exotic system.
  • Options
    Bro Fat,

Tron is on the bright side compared to Tidal and its leading edge (ie when the music notes burst out) is fast and one can feel the zig zag (edges, corners) on the musical flow. On all the sources (ie LP, Zanden transport+Zanden DAC, Zanden transport + Heritage DAC), such feeling always exists. It is not a bad thing, please don't get me wrong. In fact, you can feel a much more energetic and dynamical presentation with such characateristics imposed by Tron. And most importantly I cast this a very advanced form of coloration in a way it does everything excellent but add a bit of the designer's aspiration on what music should sound like. Again, I am speaking here on Syren in isolation from its natural mating power amp, this may be a totally unfound comment on the designer's genuine musical intention/ appreciation.

Just on last night's switching back and forth among the 3 sources I mentioned above, I can hear more of the distinct characteristics of Zanden DAC, Heritage DAC and the LP. Zanden DAC is close to analogue by its ambience, calmness and sootheness, Heritage is close to analogue by its texture richness, dynamics and openness. DV is (in fact) analogue with the closest to real naturalness and liveliness. With Syren, musical objects are always put on stage under light With Tidal, they all sit or stand virtually in my living space...wow wow woo..

ccn....tough call for me....Conductor is the natural mate for Baldur but Baldur does not mate well better than the EC300B with my speaker...Its balanced design thrills me in terms of dynamics and soundstage...Syren is another state of the art phono preamp and even with this almighty Tidal, I still have a strong faith on its linestage having some edge over Tidal. I need to prove it later when I have had more time on Tidal. At this moment, I have no pressure to release any one of them so my tactic going forward would be: Tidal as my house phono and I will be flip flopping among Conductor, Syren and Tidal as the preamp once every few weeks before I decide which one to stay as 'house'. Yes, difficult choice...

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel, I listened LP with tidal from 3am until 3pm non stop for 12 hours! Even my wife joined me at 7am! We never though music can be this good.
  • Options
    Dickson, great to know the tidal is so cool. I just want to know does it happen often that you listen till morning whenever there is component change or this Tidal phono really creates the "moment" for you to listen 12 hours non-stop?
  • Options
    Impact does not match the Cessaro. I used it for a week. The impact is for Tidal speakers.
  • Options
    Jeff,

I am sorry to intrude but I think it is impossible for Karan to drive the Cessaro well because the damping factor of the Karan is potentially the highest in solid state. Unless I listen to them myself, I tend to believe facts and physics. The bass on the 16inch TAD bass drivers will be too tight. We don't need a Karan to test this out, even an antique Krell amp will show this clearly.

PT
  • Options
    Something wrong with the server. I accidentally deleted some posts and the picture. I post the pic again. Argento SMR wires custom-made request by one Sunray customer.
  • Options
    Picture of exquistely made crossover with top grade components for Piano Diacera
  • Options
    Staff are busy working on assembling as demand far outstrips supply. The real deal (and waiting pain) is the real piano lacquer finish of the cabinet - truly remarkably finish no different from piano over the mllion dollar mark.
  • Options
    PT, I agree with you. We listened more last evening, the sound is not right with Karan driving Cessaro. The longer the amp run in, the less bass come out. I think Jeff was too carried away by the karan sound as he did not use it for a few months.
  • Options
    The Piano Diacera is still a highly anticipated speaker despite the domiance of horny/high efficiency in this community. If anyone is bold enough and taken the time to understand the Preos, there is no reason not to have anticipation on Tidal speakers.
  • Options
    I just want to say a big thank you to Jlam who introduces me the Tidal speaker. Though it is the smallest one Amea bookshelf speaker, its smooth well-balanced and fatigue-free character is stunning. As the 6moons review said, "its way with rhythm, timing and pace as it imbues music with a degree of life and conviction that few other speakers do. The speaker combination of midrange articulation and fine flowing dynamic expression is captivating, revealing, so sophisticated smooth too. I was using Kharma 3.2 speaker before and the Amea surprisingly has much more dynamic and bass response than the 3.2. This point really stuns me. My wife said the new speaker is much smaller but sound so much better. The ringing sound on violin is all gone and human vocal sounds like human fresh. I don't feel like listening to a speaker, I feel the sound is live.

I wish I can afford model like Piano Diacera and Contriva Diacera. If you can grant me a wish of visiting your customer who will soon have the Piano Diacera, that will be great.
  • Options
    Alecy, I was told the Piano Diacera, after a painful waiting period of 5 long months, will finally be available for shipment next week. We are as excited as you. If everything goes smooth, the PiaDia will probably standing confidently in your room next weekend.
  • Options
    I am full of expectation.
    Piano Diacera may be the revenge againt the high efficiency camp!

• Options
    亞力兄,

你對"態度"喇叭幾時到? 要對高効率號角勢力喧戰不是容易打的一場杖, 但連PT這個死硬高効率泒, 聽完部Preos瘋佬都話好有期望好有信心, 連Argento都是用態度做鑑聽, 我知道應該好有料到, 希望從星洲回來後能到你府上一睹態度風彩!