Welcome TIDAL to the AE Community

Comments

• Options
    I wonder how does it compare to my FM222
  • Options
    Good idea, we can arrange a blind test for phono M
  • Options
    More about Tidal.

The following you see the Subwoofer Module for the T1 Master Reference Speaker system
  • Options
    The Contrivia Diacera II
  • Options
    Looking at these speakers photos, I think Kharma users or fans would feel challenged. Unlike the phonos, it is not easy to have AB comparison on these speakers though.

I am also keen to hear the comparison of Tidal with other big phonos...

Marvel
  • Options
    Anyone interest in making an offer for my FM222 phono? Please contact PT to make an offer.

PT, I apologize making short notice as my family will depart for the holiday season tomorrow. The Preos and your setup is absolutely mind-boggling consider the space limitation facing you. I never heard piano and vocal at such level of realism and vividness.
  • Options
    The Tidal T1 Master Reference System (ALL BLACK)
  • Options
    Thanks for showcasing the Preos Phono or preamp or whatever it is. The dynamic blows me out of the window. The low frequency control on the cello and piano duet kills me. The zanden 300b amp is so dynamic, don't understand why. The horn speaker standing so big but they just disappear. Really no complaints! What an experience today!
  • Options
    聽完呢部"態度"瘋奴, 真係冇回頭路走. 全頻動態活生感極之鮮明, 聽聞有些大哥已仲了劇毒.......
  • Options
    Tidal is lethal as a poison with no color and taste!! You die quickly without knowing its presence!!

I went to listen to it last Friday and we had a quiet 2 hours session running different LPs and CDs with PT trying to help me in understanding the characteristics of the Preos reference phono preamp. My conclusion on this 2 hours session was it does NOT help me in knowing more about the character of it because it does NOT have a character of its own. What you hear is what is being produced by the source. It does not energise, does not colorate and simply doing its pre-amplification job in the most seamless way!!

Tidal is definitely my cup of tea being colorless, and cause the least degradation on the energy and transient of the input source. It will be for sure appearing in my system in 2008 !! Trouble is that I have got 2 top notches phono, one is Wavac and the other one is Syren. Will they rival Tidal? Well, the game of gear matching will come back haunting us again as at this level, some designer would certainly ride on system synergy to draw the maximum performance. Some would further strengthen the character of its own brand the more gears of the same brand are being used. I am glad that Jeff from Taiwan has done a thorough comparison among several ultra top phonos with all the best performing cartridges and tonearms that one can get from Earth. The judge panel was formed by 4 non-audiophiles but truly music lovers, another 4 audiophiles and 1 professor...I believe their comparisons (in 3 consecutive days) were comprehensive, professional and objective enough to provide very good reference. I will leave him to share with fellow forum readers but the result reveals that Preos is a must own item for me...

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel bro, there is no big deal to bite a 3rd phono. That's you! I never question product quality under AE umbrella. The required patience and skills to excel them are real pain in the ass. The continuity of your Cessaro excitement seems short lived. I read your long report with joy but the absence of reply to my question leads to disappointment. Is it true that the German tank working too hard on your horny girl? This will be a good discussion topic in the community.

I may drop by to experience the Marvel system if you don't mind in the next few weeks. I was told by J.Lam the quality of your CD system surpasses the vinyl for the time being. I am not convinced. I am a big bird user too.
  • Options
    The voice timbre and the dynamic of the Von Stade LP last night played via the Tidal Phono shocked me out of the chair. The sheer dynamic range of the Tidal Phono is uncharted at least to my own personal experience. I put the volume at 12 o'clock intentionally. The experience made me think of Mr.Zanden's recent meeting with a real tenor singing inside his home.

The Tidal is not a machine to be choosen by "taste". It is an instrument for one to learn about others'. It enables me to understand Zanden, Wavac and Tron more. I am not going to open a thread to argue tubey warmth equals/ not equal musicality. All I want is to share my sheer excitement. I rarely write such comments on the forum but I was really shocked as this recording is one of the most difficult vinyl to test almost everything.
  • Options
    marvel bro, I was told you bite the bullet by throwing the golden cube away. Back to the days of silver bat phono driving the tank? How Does it sound rare? Your actions define your belief. A phonostage of the tidal caliber is unheard of (PT said even Mr.Zanden is impressed. I totally trust these two gentleman) will force you to change amplifier soon. The tank is the fundamental bottleneck in your horny route. I am surprised I am the only one speaking out.
  • Options
    Voy,

I took the recommendation by PT and ordered a Tidal phono replacing the Golden cube. I am sure with Tidal on board, the overall demand on the other components will be heightened and sooner or later, bottlenecks on other areas will start popping, my listening area definitely one of those constraints. German tank is still serving me very very well at this moment and I need to be convinced to have another amp which can outperform it in all aspects before I make the next move. As you know, I am using a very heavy pair of SMR EE speaker cable and the least thing I want to do is to frequently swap the speaker cables to another amp once in a while. This is to avoid causing damage to the binding posts of the speakers according to Ralph when he first installed the speakers for me in Dec07.

Syren is back to action playing a dual role as phono and preamp. I still have not connected up the Conductor to seggregate Syren's role. Having said that, I would cast Syren a very very capable tool serving both purposes very well. Following on the above argument, if Tron211 is a potential candidate, I would certainly like to obtain more user feedbacks from you on this amp driving Eufro. Will you consider Cessaro on the Tron pair?

Marvel
  • Options
    The extra price of admission for the horny route is always the amp. The entire world is out there to convince you, not me. You should know the problem deep down in your mind.

Outperforming the tank is easy. The EC300B will knock it out on most of your record collection. The real issue is quality rather than quantity of electrical watt. Even if there is a few aspect that you are not happy with, I'd say, "Come on, man, a stereo amp with 10watt of power, what do you expect? Bass to rock the boat? Electric bass to thrill your spine?? But sorry bro, the tank cannot do the bass guitar either because of too much damping. I doubt the cello would sound like a cello, a bigger viola maybe." Oh, just in case you are soundstage fanatics, the horn never throw you a bigger soundstage than usual cos backwall reflection is minimal now. If the tank cannons out a big soundstage, the only way to achieve it is by distortion in the high frequency. The horn will reveal everything. Isn't it scary?

Come on! Join the 211 camp! Honey your horny route, bro! Who the hell would like to see a tank in a concert hall? I don't. The Tron will be a partner from audio heaven to serve your Horn, not the tank.