Options

Welcome TIDAL to the AE Community

Comments

• Options
    The mohogany version - real piano lacquered
  • Options
    Another shot
  • Options
    Marvel bro, please get ready for Tidal action. The Tidal Preos Reference phono/preamp to arrive next week.
  • Options
    Except my bank account, I am ready to take the Tidal impact...hope I would not be 'drown'....

• Options
    I will back to back compare Tidal with Syren as a phono preamp...can't wait...
  • Options
    Deep pocket bro, how do you make sure a fair comparison?
  • Options
    Voy,

Just the kind of traditional AB cmoparison. Since I am now using EC300B, both phono preamps won't have any advantage or disadvantage in terms of power amp matching. I will feed the same LP and CD source into both in turn. Obviously I will need to allow 2-3 weeks for Tidal to fully burning in prior to the comparison. They will be both using OR as the power cord and SMR EE interconnect into the EC300B.

Any other suggestions that I need to do to make the comparison a fairer one?

Marvel
  • Options
    This phono preamp is highly anticipated. I guess we shall receive them together.
  • Options
    Marvel bro, you can compare just the phono section of the tidal with any other preamp by selecting REC out on the tidal. This way, you can even use the tidal phono with the syren preamp.
  • Options
    The Tidal phono amplifier remains to impress me the most so far from a musical perspective, especially on control and dynamics. If you are crazy about vinyl, I see no reason why anyone would refuse to accept the challenge. A colorness component is always a challenge because there is nothing to impress you right away. It's up to you how to you want to color your sound with your source, amp or cable.

Marvel, the Tidal phono already left Germany on Friday. It should land your home anytime between Tuesday/Wednesday.
  • Options
    Marvel bro, your long awaiting Tidal Preos Reference has landed. Please let us know how the combination of DV cartridge and the superb tidal phono rocks you out of the chair.
  • Options
    Marvel, just hook the tidal up. This phono scares me. The sound is very real and dynamic.
  • Options
    Dickson,

Me too...just for a few hours. Rather than Tidal is producing music which scares both of us, I think it is the frontend source that we are using that scare us...I do not know what gears you are using, for me, I use Zanden CD combo and Raven 3-motor LP with DV Tonearm and cartridge. I can hear a truer and less colorated sound from either source and before Tidal comes in, the difference between the 2 sources are always drawn closer due to the same 'dose' imposed by the preamp. With Tidal, the kind of dose become water clear and I can hear more 'harmony' and calmness out from the Zanden combo, more naturalness and realism coming out from the DV /Raven LP. With Tidal, the music sounds more lively and the liveliness is coming out from the inside of the musical images. I am very surprised by how true the music can be reproduced from my source.

An immediate comparison with my house phono/preamp Syren, I feel that Syren is a bit on the bright side putting more emphasis on the leading edges (as previously discussed), but it is totally unfair to Tron because the design of this preamp is aimed for mating with their power amp.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel大大, Tidal瘋奴和隻蒼點比? 聞說你好欣賞蒼, 但新歡到後會否令你拋棄舊愛?
  • Options

貪新忘舊乃人之常情..........唔知邊部會最先失寵呢?