Skip to content
Options

Argento proudly presents the: Olympic Reference Power Cord

123457»

Comments

• Options
    請問有冇大哥試造OR插解碼?
  • Options
    I have got 3 now in my system, replacing interestingly one FMR from my Wavac phono to use OR. This happened a few weeks ago and by cross swapping the two, I find there are gives and takes in adopting either cable. On one hand, FMR would give a deeper dive on the bass and the energy level on the bass is slightly higher, on the other hand, OR is really fast and giving solid hit and beat. Both cables deliver the same superb level of musicality and coherence although, from the resolution perspecitve, I find the Flow series is a bit 'thicker' resembling a much refined oil painting while OR is more inclining to a high resolution digital photo.

Besides Wavac, I am using OR on the turntable and one of my DAC, on the preamp, I am using FMR. I might swap testing the use of OR on the preamp and report more. For power amp, I still believe SMR EE is the best matching my system.

Marvel
  • Options
    waiting your report on pre & dac, the OR really add the "TURBO" on my Mono amp!!!
  • Options
    The OR on Zanden dac is magical, I confirm. I bought the 2nd one today. This power cord does everything right, quiet, open, speed, resolution, tenderless. Too good to be true.
  • Options
    Bigpiece, where are you using the additional 2 OR in your system?
  • Options
    I use the OR for the Raven TT and the Zanden Phono. Perfect blend of power and virtuosity of analogue music.. from Davinci arm and cartridge.....

Bigpiece
  • Options
    I fed the big bird with a flow. What's the difference between the OR and the Flow? The OR seems made for the Zanden, the dac and the phono in particular.

• Options
    The Raven AC is power hungry and very picky on the quality. Typical US style power cord cant feed well, just like hamburger vs decent French cuisine. It was confirmed when FLOW was plugged in. However, similar story repeats when you try feeding big bird with OR, more stable and solid soundstage without compromise on the analogue "flow".