Argento proudly presents the: Olympic Reference Power Cord

Comments

• Options
    Mr. JLam

皆樣お元氣ですか?多忙にまぎれてご無沙汰してしまいました。
    オリンピック競技大会のArgento!!! 期待して待つ!
  • Options

Hi all !

Could anyone please let me know more about the Olympic special? Is it a limited edition? If it is, how many we will have in Hong Kong? Thanks.

Howard
  • Options
    Dear Mr. 山內,

このごるはいかがお過ごしですか?私は元氣いっぱい,仕事も順調です。ご無沙汰していますが,友情を忘れたことはありません,おAE forum messageくだをってうれしいです。
    きょうは,私のOlympic Argentoを初公開したいと思います。ビツグニユ一スがあるの!!!!!Please check your e-mail~~~hahaha....
    Argentoについて書かれた新聞や雜誌の記事を同封してくれると助かるんだ。Thank you !!
    東京で私のこと思っていてくれる人がいるなんてうれしいことです。忙しいのは承知だけど,次のmessageを樂しみにしています。あなたの家族にも,よるしく。文通続けましょうね。

JLam
  • Options
    It's here.
  • Options
    The package
  • Options
    I usually do not really care about the cosmetic of audio components. But I have to say this Olympic reference is really beautiful. I shall report more on the sound later.
  • Options
    A closer look
  • Options
    002/208 delivered to me at 9:30pm.

Without further delay, I rushed back home and put it on the Raven replacing the FR. FR is more 'faminine' compared to OR. Although in theory, the design of such OR cable should not inherently be related to Olympic Games, I do have a strong feeling of it being very 'sporty': fast in speed, skilful, tuneful and full of energy. The performance of OR is very very close to FMR but it is less stiff and costly. From a customer point of view, it is very well priced.

At 10am, I send a SMS to AE requesting to hold 208/208 for me. I want to make sure I have got the last one!!

Afterwards, I went on plugging it to the Zanden transport which was using FMR. As I said, it is very close to FMR but yet it gives me a 'refreshing' feeling on a more clear contour on the bass resembling SMR EE power cord. May be because Zanden does not draw too much current out from the FMR, I do not feel too much of a big difference between OR and FMR on the energy dispersion. All I can say they are very very close in all aspects. FMR is smoother thus giving out better coherence while OR produces clarity on all the turns, twists and contrast.

My camera is not with me at the moment but I think AE has provided enough photos and mine is exactly the same! Will take some pictures over the weekend.

Marvel
  • Options
    今晚終於等到 OR.
    而家用落部805.

• Options
    As soon as I read about the plugs used in the OR, I called to place an order for a pair.

Previously, I experimented with the Oyaide M1 and F1 AC plugs. Replacing the stock plugs used in my Kondo power cords with the M1/F1, the sound changed substantially. Much fuller body, and much more extended bass. The tonal color became slightly warmer. So I had a AC cable made, using some large cross-section copper cables and the M1/F1. And that works out very very well. So well indeed, it led me to believe the connectors are the bottleneck in current (at least power) cable design. Knowing that Ulrik also think highly of the Oyaide plugs, I was quietly waiting for a cable from Ulrik that will have substantially better plugs. So here we are, the OR uses substantially upgraded connectors.

My currently speaker is a loaner as I wait for my pair of horn speakers to be made, and the loaner, while much raved about in the press, is no where near the Kharma Mini Exquisite I had before, espeically in the resolution department. So meaningful juedgement of the OR can't be made yet.

But that doesn't stop me from writing about it :-)

I replaced the FMR which is plugged into my Esoteric D-03 with the OR. While the OR was fresh from the box, the sound was strikingly different from the FMR, and to say I like what I heard would be an understatement.

For one, I under-estimated the P03/D03 combo. FMR on the Eso set while eliminated the digital edginess of the Eso sound, it also polished away the texture, and speed is slowed slightly. I thought that's the price to pay, trading texture, speed for the removal of digititus. It turns out the price to pay is the cash for the OR, and not sonic compromise. I had the texture, speed and clarity back in spades. The high is still a little closed in, probably cable not broken yet (but fingres crossed, hopefully the edginess won't come back to haunte me once the cable is fully broken-in). The OR doesn't have the same power swell as the FMR, but that, is somethingI trade happily for the physicaly flexibility of the cable. I won't be so sure if the FMR is plugged into a high-current transister amp, but for my D03, the OR is a better fit (so far).

I still have another FR plugged into the transport, and I have a feeling that it's the right combo, but we will see. It terms of yin/yang, the FR is on the yin side and OR being yang. But alas, I am still to try the second OR either on my Raven One or the P03, but so far it seems that the OR is no FR/FMR replacement. The sound is different, but how high really is the achievement, I will have to wait till at least mid-Jan to find out for myself, when my high-resolution monitors are installed....

• Options
    Hello from Beijing. Thanks for allowing my power hungry 833 to have the OR power cords. They are heavenly made pair. The 833 sound so much more open, airy, and speedy than before. My biggest surprise is the bass. It goes deeper without losing control. A great cable!

Thanks, Jlam.
  • Options
    聽了一晚 OR 後的感受.
    它的能量會比Flow 多, 低頻強而有力, 而且快.
    高頻清晰柔順,
    中頻會暖一點,
    立體感比flow 更特出,
    動態強烈
    音牆亦濶大
    它擁有能量不及FMR, 但亦擁有Flow 的特點但比 Flow 更好.

Charles

• Options
    PT Any chance for me to get one to match with my Zanden CD Player next week?
    Bigpiece
  • Options
    Dear all,

Thank you once again for all of your support. The 1st batch of OR were all sold before Mr.Li closed shop at 8pm last night. Argento is working hard to keep up demand. Please be patient as the amount of labor put into the creation of each OR is much more complicated than it seems. We hope to receive the 2nd batch 10 days later but these are all pre-booked. Please reserve it sooner.

J.Lam
  • Options
    Bigpiece, I am sorry. Please wait for the 2nd batch.