Skip to content
Options

Argento proudly presents the: Olympic Reference Power Cord

Comments

• Options
    查兄, 老李叫我不用著急, 等大哥門試清楚才決定買唔買, 又唔收我訂金,好似唔想做我生意, 攪到我好鬼冇心機, 頭先好彩呀雄仔call我話保証下水有我分才開心翻. 我覺得睇個樣已令我覺得有收藏價值, 再加埋眾前輩都大讚,應該冇走雞.

查兄, 條OR和Flow性格分別似乎好大下.
  • Options
    On further listening to the OR on my Zanden 2000P transport, my observation on OR goes a bit further down the route that it has a more abundant supply of bass energy than FR without compromising on the layering and harmonics. In my previous experience with power cables, some may create a very impactful bass but at the expenses of 'chopping' off the tails and decay.

Price aside, I would choose OR for all frontend gears, FMR on power amp (yes, considering the even more ample energy supply), SMR EE for power bar or power amp.

• Options
    Marvel, I second your findings. I still find Flow works best in DAC/Transport. The OR is superb on my PR-T1 and 833. It is freezing in Beijing. The dynamic and punch of the wavac suite keep my heart warm :)
  • Options
    Jlam, when will I get mine?
  • Options
    查兄

條OR煲成點?可否分享多一些?

Mr.Zanden篇文好精彩
    佢同Marvel和馬可弟兄都用上轉盤
    而且個個到笑哈哈
    睇黎用在後級只有你和Mr.Wavac

Grey兄你部833黃金俠大佬有冇用OR?

我祗好繼續等侍
  • Options
    Any experience on the Pre-amp?
  • Options
    OR transforms my Pr-t1! There are much more details in the mid range that weren't notice before. I really like the dynamic contrast, deep, tight and fast bass response. The larger the transformer, the better the OR will perform. The OR needs at least 48 hours non-stop burn in on power amp to perform. Flow remains my reference on CD and DAC.
  • Options
    Between the Flow family (ie FR, FMR) and the traditional Serenity family (ie SMR) of power cord, I would incline to put OR into the latter category and would well be a SMR SE class type of power cord if one is familiar with what SMR and SMR SE are. Whilst OR does not have the amount of conductors that FMR has, OR when being used in my Conductor preamp create faster transient and deeper surge into both the treble and bass ends. FR and FMR are smoother and tend to create less 'space' between musical notes (thus have a feeling of water flowing dowstream as my very very early comment when Flow series were first launched). OR gives you more serenity between the notes thus making them more distinct (but not discrete). Spatical cue among musical objects depicted by the preamp is more apparent when OR is used instead of FmR although the latter can provide a stronger sense of the 'floor space' on the soundstage.

For gears that you may still feel a sense of digital harshness or the treble is still a bit sound coarse, I would recommend keeping FR or using FMR (in case of larger power consumption gear). For tube gears that might otherwise produce a smoother, warmer or 'rounder' musical objects, use OR will enhance the contour and sketch lines but not necessarily downgrade the musicality and coherence. What you choose among FMR, FR and OR are purely your skills in matching with your preference and gears.

Marvel
  • Options
    究竟幾時有貨?
  • Options
    Mr.Lee said next week, maybe 6 cables.
  • Options
    發哥

你會買幾多條?
    比邊部機用?

• Options
    查兄
    我跟你用一對在天鵝後級
    你點睇?
  • Options
    查兄,老李有冇話OR今水翻幾多?等到脛都長
  • Options
    發哥

在我的系統OR用在後級會適合D.
    我都等緊呀, 我想買多一條OR比前級用.

• Options
    Sorry to keep everything waiting. Ulrik Madsen is working day and night to finish the cables for us before x'mas. I was told the cables are done but the boxes will not arrive until this Thursday. Best shot will be early next week.

Thank you for everyone's patience.