Skip to content
Options

Da Vinci Virtu Party all set!

Comments

• Options
    The AAS Gabriel MK2 turntable is once again chosen as the Editor Choice Award in 2012 from Absolute Sound.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    This is probably one of the finest systems in town. A complete Da Vinci solution to the service of music.
  • Options
    After a long wait, we got it finally!
  • Options
    The Virtu arm.
  • Options
    We apologize for the long delivery time. The fact of the matter is this arm is seriously back ordered. We only received two this time. What we can guarantee is there will be 1 Virtu to be demoed at AE1 together with Golden Ear award winner for two straight years: Da Vinci AAS Gabriel turntable.
  • Options
    To Jlam,

Long waiting time poses great challenge to you on allocation of fine audio products. How are you going to manage us? Only two are not enough to satisfy demand in this community alone. We are all adults but you need to achieve a fine balancing act.

I am ok to let go mine to Danny as he is in a better position to reap all benefits from this Virtu arm given the synergy. I appreciate your honesty in telling me the logic of allocation. But the DALBY Vinyl Stabilizer or whatever you called it have to arrive my office next week.

Other than that, roger out. Danny, please report and share more upon installation of the Virtu arm.

Where is Cassph? I check everyday for his report on cost-no-object TELOS arm by Durand.
  • Options
    The Telos arm is not properly set up yet. My TT requires heavy counterweights to balance the table at the bottom and the Telos armbase is one of the heaviest ever so I need to special order custom counterweights to make it work. They should arrive in a couple of weeks and I surely will report listening impressions. Thanks
  • Options
    While Shanghai Bigpiece and Mr. DV are still waiting for the delivery of their state of the art VIRTY power amp (another 1 month to go is the latest news), the launch of the NIFTY mono power is around the corner.

The Nifty power amp is singled end design with 20watt power per channel. Together with the Nifty Preamp, I foresee it will be extremely difficult to find a suite of amplification that can easily conquer the spirit and quality of Peter Brem.
  • Options
    Voy, have you installed your Virtu arm....any sharing on the listening experience? I feel that the Ikeda 9TT mates very well with the Virtu in terms of compliance, tracking and counterweight setting.

Marvel
  • Options
    The front view
  • Options
    The Nifty Family photo
  • Options
    The Nifty is an extremely competitive Preamp/Power amp suite belonging to the "ultra class" for driving high efficiency speakers.
  • Options
    Mr.DV has become a horny guy. His dedicated listening room is built by the team who built AE1 and AE2. The room is very quiet. Mr.DV is someone who focus entirely on music, less so on meeting various Hi Fidelity criteria. But definitely he is a NOISE fighter. He is using Wavac AC-2 to lean AC noises only for the digital front. Of course, the Troy to clean ground noise. But he goes one step further and use the super Thais ground wire going directly into the circuit ground of Virtu preamp (that's what we did last night). We did a few tweaks too. I am surprised vintage Studer and Philips CD players are still fairly good. This system is promising.

Another two bass traps at the back are needed. Another Troy down the pipeline. The Virtu amplification system belongs to the "super league". Long delivery time is the problem. Not many people have the opportunity to feel the immense musical power of this.

Next, Shanghai Bigpiece's DV system will soon surface here.
  • Options
    Mr.DV,

How did Mr. Zanden tweak your system yesterday? Please share.
  • Options
    Mr. Zanden came show his magic, he helped set a few suger cubes, then the bass become much solid, dynamic, smooth and detail. the trapped lower energy open up to be much transparency, overall much better.

PT, The huge bass completely disapear better than d night u visit. The Archie Shepp we heard that night, has much better emotion and inner detail. If this is in 3years ago, I will be satisfy and stop enjoy listen, but your showroom always push up d standard, there r still lot of job to do next.

Thanks again for all kind of assist!