Skip to content
Options

NeoDio

Comments

• Options
    Good news. All NeoDio DAC/Player and CDT will likely arrive this morning and will arrange delivery accordingly.
  • Options
    Raymond, have you listened to ND in AE's showroom?
  • Options
    Just arrived! Using FmR digital linking between the transport and DAC....I am using a violin CD (which I will post later) for the iniital listening...the rhythmic phrasing of each movement and the intensity of the texture being revealed is appalling!!
  • Options
    Here is the CD...very good sounding!
  • Options
    I wonder what are the differences between the one box CDP and the separate combo.
  • Options
    English Teacher,

The simpliest is to bring your CD player to AE for a direct comparison.....Since you are English Teacher, I am happy for you to come over if you don't mind the acoustics deficiency of my place!

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

My wife and I never enjoy music as much as now! Most of our music are simple vocal or a few instruments. Even my daughter who plays violin said the sound from the Neodio playing violin is unlike any other sources I had owned before.

Thanks for your hospitality. I am afraid of no turning back. My next target is the Takumi K-10 preamp!
  • Options
    By the way, are you going to write a review like similar to Azzurri's essay on K-10? I look forward to it. I am a junior audiophile. Frankly, I have no idea how to excel in hi end audio until I visited the truly state of the art AE showroom. The reproduction of piano from the Tidal system is next to reality. Ever since, I always come back to PT for advice. This NR22 player is truly an audio gem.
  • Options
    Certainly will do...I am waiting for some more cables to arrive so that I can connect all of the CD together including x-link among the 2 transports and 2 DACs so that I can draw a clearer observation....

NeoDio keeps impressing me on the tonal color and bass elasticity resembling much of my DV LP setup....I have not heard a better source playing vocal, violin and cello!! The realism just thrills me up!!
  • Options
    This Takumi K-70 amplifier by Robert Koda is really a piece of art. The sound is extremely engaging. Control of bass is excellent. I have never heard such sound quality from my Wilson Sasha. My source is Goldmund Eidos18D CD player, which is quite good with a very balanced presentation. I am happy with it until....
  • Options
    This Neodio NR22 CD player from France could well be the best CD player ever made. The dynamics and vibrancy of the whole frequency range eclipsed the goldmund by a planet. The vinyl-like density is shocking. We thought we need to compare again. But not necessary, it just stay on my rack now.
  • Options
    My friend was also poisoned. Rest of his chain is Tidal impact amplifier and Shindo Vosnee Romanee preamplifier
  • Options
    Our gang all agree this Neodio is "state of the art".
  • Options
    After I got it last night, I listened to all of my CD collection (mostly old classical recordings) from 11:30pm to 4:00a.m. this morning. As I am purely a vinyl lover, CD never really draws my attention with the exception of the set at AE showroom. Because the feeling of listening to orchestra is akin to sitting in the concert hall.

For smaller scale classical music, I dare say there is nothing out there that can compare with this one. This is a break-thru in terms of tonality resolution from a digital-based player. I don't speaker this lightly because my reference is the Da Vinci analog based system with Zanden 1200 mk3 phono.
  • Options
    Puyi, are you using the neo transport?