Options

Chopin by Cessaro

Comments

• Options
    At the back of the Hero sub
  • Options
    按裝超低音後call我, 應該好很夠班, 分分鐘揪低班前輩冇野講.
  • Options
    Here you are. The completed system is called: Chopin Hero Polonaise. The subwoofer is very fast. It just integrated so well with the main speakers. You don't feel they are there despite the physical presence. The scale and presence of the system leapfrog to another class with more perspectives, dimension and dynamic. The sub needs to run in, of course but the immediate improvement is apparent right after the first few bars.
  • Options
    I like this picture. The form of the CHopin is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. I have to say, after managing three very different systems, there is no fun without subwoofers. All the systems at AE1, AE2 and AE0.5 see the presence of a subwoofer.

The integration of the Hero Poloanise sub with the main speakers is instant, as easy as ipod. A two way systems integrating with sub is much easier than a 4 way so to speak. This is nature. But what also surprises me the most is the speed of the horn-loaded sub is extremely fast. I cannot detect the presence of it at all. You only know after I turned it off. But even if I turned it on again, the integration is so cool that I also could not detect "the switching on " process, even that 1 sec of powering up does not intrude the main.

We were extremely satisfied yesterday. I have to say this system is truly something special with speed and scale given the full range setting alongside articulation of energy by Robert's Takumi K10/K70. We are looking forward to receive Da Vinci's Nifty and Virtu to reproduce another type of magical presentation before Christmas as Peter of Da Vinci has already promised us of delivering the fine electronics and the 1st Virtu arm on time.
  • Options
    A close look of the wood veneer of the Chopin Signature at AE2
  • Options
    Setting up another Hero subwoofer today
  • Options
    They really look good!
  • Options
    This has become a big system now with full frequency response.
  • Options
    The form of the speaker is cool. The stripes are vibrant and wild.
  • Options
    I'd like to audition these speakers. They are cool for my office.
  • Options
    火雲邪神兄,

你是不是龍虎門的fans? 我鐘意的人物是聖上和王小龍. 你不如也寫下中文大家交流下. 我都等緊Dalby套木腳, 肥仔基話Carbon腳賣了比一個奇人, 原來是火雲大爺. 我自小喜歡玩火, 所以突別喜歡中華英雄裡的火四郎.

你個網名好串但有型.
  • Options
    我忍唔住今晚和麥sir夜闖AE2. 加了超低和"添"化整個系統後, 聽了數段古典和人聲後, 我完全感受不到房間的存在. 音場也頗有深度, 可能那些透明的擴散板真係好有料到, 音色十分自然. 呢對冇超高音的蕭邦究竟又點解可以重播豐富弦樂泛音向上發展的感覺? 點解間房細到連洗手間也不能容納又可以放兩隻超低音完全冇註波?

我好慚愧.....
  • Options
    我好明白火四爺的感受. 一間斗室可以玩到呢個境界真係估不到, 對我玩了15年之久好有啟發性. 其中一隻EMI錄音Beethoven Quartet是我聽了多年的錄音, 昨天在Robert Takumi K10/K70重播後, 我真係覺得好有音樂味 - 不是濠濠濃濃就等於音色的那一種; 而是節奏所帶來的音樂感. 弦樂高速奏嗚的幼滑, 泛音自然升上的漂逸與及有彈性的低音墊著, 真的十分平均.

最後令我最吹漲的就是Dalby對Carbon腳無論在K10或Neodio下也將TU666壓倒性拋離令我心服口服, 最後忍不著訂了套過新年.

歸家後, 開唔到機.
  • Options
    The achievement of sonic quality in this room is excellent!

And I have to say the demo of plugging/unplugging the subwoofer into/from the Orion is a wake-up call. One just can't take any chances if the goal is perfection.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The 2nd pleasant surprise is the advancement made in the AE showroom 2 in the past few weeks since my last visit. PT put in a new translucent diffusor in the showroom and set up a full set of Takumi K70 Mk2 power amp. Of course the major improvement is the integration of the Chopin Signature speaker with the Hero active subwoofer. In a tiny room of 150sq ft, the speaker just throws out a huge soundstage beyond the 4 physical walls, the ceiling and possibly the floor! Without the new diffisor and bass trap, I am sure the room is not large enough even to accommodate the Chopin Signature, not to mention the subwoofer.

I don't have to repeat how great the room sounds as many would have already experienced, for those who have not, I'd leave this for their own exploration! Here I want to share my learning from how this AE showroom evolves turning from a 50-60years old tiny apartment into a Best in Class showroom with performance rivaling and out performing many mega systems in a more spacious environment, including mine! I asked a question during my audition: PT, what if somebody listen to your system here and buy all the stuff back home and could not reproduce what you can reproduce here? PT answered in his usual cool voice: 'they don't have the skill'...for a long moment, I think I am definitely one of those...To say I don't have the skill may not entirely explain why my system cannot sound as good as AE, I think it is also because of the commitment to continuous improvement and a stronger than ever passion for perfection that drive PT to be always ahead of the curve! Seeing how PT continuously challenging his own self just provides me the fuel to continue my pursuit of a better and better performance in my own system...this is a learning path which I am happy to engage in the years to come...glad that I have Jlam, PT and all other fellows in the community to guide me in this journey....thank you all!