Skip to content
Options

Apollo Mission - 太陽神登月行動

Comments

• Options
    What did you do over the weekend? Did you pull the IMPACT out of the FE rack? Kindly share when time permits. Give us more details for sharing.
  • Options
    Did your IMPACT or Troy use the "Feet"?
  • Options
    想不到用了珊瑚腳在Zero下面後有戲劇些的進步 (在我的小型系統而言). 好有驚喜之餘, 冇有改變任何音色, 全頻音質改進因為少了許多沙石的感覺, 連貫性又高至低發展順暢, 中低音線條清析, attack快上快來, 播鋼琴尤其明顯 (我叫埋兩個細路一齊聽給意見), 整個音場好穩定, 立體感有不少躍進. 我將會用多對在"吉斯哥"下.

好野, 真係好野.
  • Options
    Alecy,

Anything interesting to report after your labour?

發哥,

I don't think your system is small. Don't be so humble. Your observations on the feet are similar to mine. I didn't use them on the transport. I applied them underneath the Vekian.
  • Options
    The task is long overdue but the thought of tormenting myself to overhaul the cablings has kept me from optimizing my system for the longest time. However, expert advises from the forum (incl . that DV, Marvel, PT and Raymond, in alphabetical order) has fueled my imagination and curiosity sufficiently to deal with the “problem” over the weekend.

1. Pull the impact amplifier to the ground and stack the Tripoint in the bottom rack of the FE. I know there will be die hard perfectionist that insists to have the Tripoint resting on SRA but for now, this is not something I can contemplate.

2. Connect the Preos and Impact to the Kyoto Orb.

3. Rearrange all cablings with the objectives that the power cords don’t get tangle up with the IC. And that all power cords are either in parallel or crossing at right angle over each other.

These took me most of Saturday morning to complete and I expected to be handsomely rewarded. But the shock has exceeded my expectation by leaps and bounds. The dimensionality aspect of the music becomes a total new life form and I can’t help but asked myself repeatedly records after records, “How can I have missed all these cues without realizing it before? Is this how the recording should sound like?” I would attribute this improvement to hooking up the entire system to the Kyoto. It totally removed all the rusts leaving the diamonds behind. Refreshing. Direct and Unhindered. It is like sleeping on a clean sheet of 180-grade bed linen.

Another undeniable improvement is on the mid bass as many have anticipated. This is still something I am getting used to and difficult to describe. Gone are the days of skinny supermodels in size 0. Music now has more curvi-linearlity. The added mid bass energy not just plugging in a missing jigsaw, it makes the whole playback more complete and satisfying. That is a big step again - and seems like a stutter for me recently – but I don’t mind a bit being push further out from the Milky Way galaxy. Life forms do exists beyond and now , looking at the darkness of infinity, I ponder for the hope in the uncharted universe.

• Options
    That's good job. You are now on the beginning of a right track. That also proves the FE rack really sucks. Why spend 50k+ to kill the mid-bass? There is another guy here using FE rack housing two turntables. I pray for him because he will never get good sound no matter what he changes. If the skeleton is weak, don't tell me you can walk or even run. Basic logic. There is no way to fix the skeleton when the bones are fragile. Putting heavy stuff on a weak skeleton increases pressure on a weak body. Very simple fact.

Mr.PiaDia, if the Zanden dac power supply is destined to rest on the floor, it is not a bad idea to use the new coral feet to lift them up because the rectifier tube inside are highly vulnerable to floor vibration (another good application is under the dac and I suppose it is still sitting on the fragile bones) Your floor and ceiling together, based on the german father's description, are creating a tidal wave of echo.

VR, I am speaking the truth, please don't knock on my head. The impact on the floor brings the mid-bass back. It is important to get the infrastructure right. If not, everything build upon later on a pool of sand, will fall apart as a matter of time. Self-denial is the only cure but that will set you farther away from music.

• Options
    Uncle Ray,

I only have one set of coral feet. I tried on the power supply of my Wavac PR-T1 with flying result. My curiosity drove me to try them on the Zanden DAC and the result is again excellent. (I am not using FE rack. Just a plain wood rack made in Beijing) Between the Zanden DAC and the Wavac PR-T1, I cannot choose where I should put them as I only have 1 set.

I developed this thought last night. Do you think it is a good idea to use them under the 833? I know it sounds crazy because the 833 have their own heavy duty feet. But they are so good that triggers me to have this thought.

What is your opinion?
  • Options
    Coral feet is an interesting concept and look forward to more sharing from the early adopters. I still remembered when I put the Zanden transformer on a SRA board, it made quite a big difference and wonder how would the Coral Feet stacks against SRA. What is its strength and could it be better than SRA as a tailor made solution???

• Options
    I'm not a big fan of 833. But I will not touch the feet that comes with them underneath.

Tailor made solution always supersedes generic solution. That's a fact in my opinion. There are very few generic solution that satisfies the upper echelon. Without any expectation, the coral feet surprises this old arrogant ass. i don't bother comparing SRA to coral feet, obviously, not an apple to apple comparison. If it is not apple to apple, the conclusion becomes nonsense. I hate nonsense.
  • Options
    The feet are great. Thanks for the recommendation. There is a lot more individual dimensionality. There is more continuous motion unveiled. Clean and clear without being clinical and mechanical. The first few seconds time, you know that they can't go. The best thing is, at least, affordable for poor soul such as myself.
  • Options
    I got my coral feet installed under PRT-1 last night by PT. The whole soundstage and image just stood out, very vivid. This is extremely useful for gears not sitting on SRA/Craz rack.

PT and master Wei also upgraded my Cessaro bass drivers and transplanted the missing Kidney - TROY. Glad to have it to save my life! Thanks for excellent service by the AE crew. And looking forward to the active bass module....sometime in AUG
  • Options
    It was a funny story that the Shindo La Fon 211 Limited Edition Power Amp did not reach Shanghai last night. In short, La Fon became Cotton 80!!! So the party could be held and no La Fon was singing sweetly in my apartment last night.

However, I was so shocked to the performance of my system after PT "secretly" put the coral feet under my Zero transport. As already described by other big brothers in the forum, the feet can construct a very vivid and 3D image. I listen to Pang Ling "All because of you" for preliminary testing... really looks like she is singing before me.

One final thing is that I really want to applause master wei here... he fixed the problem of the horn driver in my speaker. My gear is performing so wonderful... just can't wait to go back home for listening.
  • Options
    No more argument! SRA (custom solution) + Coral Reef Feet (generic solution) = the best of both world! I need a 2nd set!
  • Options
    Hi, Linkster,

Welcome to the forum!!

Are you using their amplifiers as well? I heard the system in Alecy's place and I am sure the synergical effect of the Impact mating with their speakers is enormous. That's is why I am getting the Impact eventhough I have not got their speakers (yet).

Do share more when your Piano Cera is delivered.

Marvel