Skip to content
Options

Apollo Mission - 太陽神登月行動

Comments

• Options
    If the stock tube is Philips, the mid-range is too warm, lack of transparency at both ends but generally sounds quite balance (w/o resolution). The bass sounds muddy. The Siemens cca will give you a lot more low end extension, control and energy. The top end is more clear than Philips but as extended as telefunken cca. But then telefunken has a thinner than usual lower mid-bass. Siemens cca should be a better bet.

• Options
    For the side wall, an aesthetically pleasure one will be the Felty.
  • Options
    Are you using the Felty?
    It looks like someone has mistakenly punched squares holes thru it!

Your description of the Siemens should plug the shortcoming with the system.
  • Options
    After the Siemens cca, don't forget to burn the FE rack or throw it out of the window. They really suck! The Tidal shouldn't be sitting on them.

No, I am not using the Felty for the time being.
  • Options
    Wow! Uncle Ray is getting violent. Should I burn mine as well? My rack is simply a simple wood rack purchased from an antique furniture shop in Kyoto.
  • Options
    Heart breaking truth.....
  • Options
    I'm sure Alecy wound mind my words. I never hide the fact that I am one arrogant asshole. I speak what I had experienced before. FE rack sucks is a fact. It is lucky that Mr.DV shares my view. The sound quality of wooden racks made in China is much better than FE, especially those using antique joinery techniques. Think about it, the whole design of FE opens room for air vibration attacks because the wood frame are not blended together with the structural support. That support basically rings big time. The maple board on top is low density MDF. The sound of FE rack is unique: image weaving, lack of solidity in lower mid-bass, weak attack, and a fairly loose mid-range. It is simply not up to the standard of the asking price.

VR, like your good self, I am using a wooden rack for some of my components but mine is made in China, yours probably made in Japan. That of course, I do have a few Ohio XL+2 boards.
  • Options
    Alecy, I apologize if I am too frank and upfront.
  • Options
    Uncle Ray, I am using HRS rack. Should I burn mine as well? That's just a joke. I'm sure the community know your style well. You have tremendous experiences on everything.
  • Options
    The valuable comments from all are welcomed and it is good to know what else could potentially be the stumbling blocks. These will be addressed one at a time.

I need to find a resting place for the FE just like the headless Vitus.

• Options
    I m listening music through computer and getting touch.

My all time favourite Mozart pianist - Mitsuko Uchida - K.545 2nd mov.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQpsL_kh6pE&feature=related

listen on computer first, then listen same artist CD/mp3 on your monstor system.........

i can't stop go listen to 3rd mov. now........
  • Options
    Have you bought the Siemens cca?
  • Options
    DV,

Uchida's playing is obviously top notch and it is interesting to compare how her way of playing changed over time.

But my favorite Mozart's interpreter has always been Clara Haskil.

Ray,

Hopefully this weekend, I will unveil another onion skin.

• Options
    Clara is good - her playing is ego-less. Very pure. The Japanese woman focuses on note polishing, very smooth delivery of the overall melodic linesbut cannot match the depth and maturity of Clara. Too bad her quality of recording was not too good and the numbers of recordings are much fewer than Uchida.

Mr.PiaDia, you need to work harder on your system because piano is not easy to be reproduced. Solidity and resolution of the lower mid bass can make or break the whole piano. I'm sure you know what I mean. Have you taken the Impact out from the FE rack?
  • Options
    Ray,

All will be done this weekend when I can have sufficient time to enjoy the fruit of achievement after labour.

I will also try to connect the amplication section to the ORB as well.