Skip to content
Options

Apollo Mission - 太陽神登月行動

124»

Comments

• Options
    Alecy, I appreciate your sharing on your Tidal journey very much. With all this Tidal talk and the latest writing from Katongkid, I feel myself is getting ready for a pair of Contriva Diacera SE (with the sunray class crossover). My room size is similar to yours, do you feel the PiaDia can feel the whole room with energy? I am concerned about the speaker being too big relative to the room. Then, the pair of Sunray at PT's small room seems do wonderful performance. I would like to seek your thoughts on the issue of Speaker Size/Room Size proportion.

Dick
  • Options
    Alecy,

I followed your Tidal road with great interest. Each subsequent moves of yours trigger my audio desire immensely. I am an owner of FE rack. I can't burn it for the moment but after your sharing, I took both the preamp and poweramp out, put them on the floor, and my improvement is similar to what you had reported.

I enjoyed reading your English very much. Keep up the good spirit.

PS
  • Options
    Alecy have you changed tube inside the zanden dac to Siemens cca?

To Azzuri,

I won't add coral feet in between your preamp and the Ohio board. You have custom solution tackling the mechanical vibration of your preamp. Don't defeat the purpose of custom solutions - which you paid premium for it. The coral feet is generic solution - apply them whenever absent the custom solution. That makes more logical sense. Mix and match is fine but don't defeat the very original intention of custom solution.
  • Options
    Just got the 2nd coral feet and the Tripont. I just got time to connect the Tripont to the Giscours only. After I start playing with my gear, I felt I was in heaven immediately.
    Raymond, thanks for your advice, I now stuff the two coral feet under the transport and vekian.
  • Options
    天鵝皇子,

你套野愈來愈堅! 我要等下水Tripoint才輪到我. 不過珊瑚脚己十分好玩, 進步又大. 你用了第2套在Vekian下, 再有什麼進步? Raymond兄見解十分有理, 既有SRA又何必再加在中間呢?

我真係覺得Tripoint是不能不用, ground noises實在太恐怖!
  • Options
    啞發, 你老味! 肥仔唔撚做我生意呀! 佢話唔撚適合我套野呀! 點先?
  • Options
    Fat gor, very interesting... after I used coral feet under Vekian, I felt a bit weird for the sound and the performance seem better under the Giscours.. I discussed with PT just now, he said, maybe because the Vekian is too heavy for 3 coral feet. I have to use 4 feet wor... Tonight I will switch back the feet and stuff under Giscours again and see.
  • Options
    天鵝皇子,

點呀? 有冇駁其它Ground wire去後級, zero, Vekian解碼? 我等得好心急!
    有冇將珊瑚腳掉回吉士哥下?
    分享下你的升級經驗!
  • Options
    Another happy user of Tripoint Troy. Even though he is using solid state electronics and a "passive" preamplifier, the improvement brought over by the Troy is enormous.
  • Options
    At first, we just connected one ground wire to the "passive" preamplifier. Then, we listened the same track doing ABA comparison. The insertion of the 2nd ground wire to the Mark Levinson reference dac is conclusive. It cleans up the ground noises from top to bottom. All those legendary recordings by Alan Parsons were produced with electrifying speed at the bass lines with stunning clarity on harmonic extension. We moved on to listen a few recordings by Kari Bremnes - the fragility at the upper frequency of her voice carries a sense of chill without clinical edges. To be frank, I am never a friend of Mark and Levinson but I was stunned by the performance of this system after the application of Tripoint. Of course, credits must be given to a lot of labor on numerous fine-tuning gadgets including Frank's Platinum resonator, Lloyd Walker's tuning disc, and various schools of other room acoustics treatment. This is a system that plays pop and rock with flying color.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this system today. Great sound!
  • Options
    The Troy by Tripoint, Coral Feet by Copulare, and the Kyoto by ORB compliments each other in DSo's system