Skip to content
Options

FLOW interconnect for my Xmas

Comments

• Options
    I agree the flow is simply in a class of its own. It really plays music. It is very smooth and coherent without rounding off the leading edges. It is very silent, especially notable in piano recording. I have a pair of OPUS MM at 6 times the price but still cannot generate the "flow" and "silence" factor. I just use one pair from the Bergman Sindre to the Tidal Preos phono section. The imaging is also extremely precise. It seems like Argento knows there will be a financial crisis when they were researching the flow series of interconnects. Like others, I can't imagine the forthcoming FMR. If you tell me this is FMR, I'd believe without asking any questions.
  • Options
    Dickson,

Don't you agree, we can always live in a 'happy world' of our own if we don't compare....be it cable, gears, room acoustics, right...Like you, I connect Flow between Bergmann and Tidal...transient is extremely smooth and seamless...

Marvel
  • Options
    Horrible beginning on 09!

Tidy up the cables, sound will become clean, but.........
  • Options
    There used to be no any noice, Now found "ssss" should come from ic or pc of the mono amp, seperate them will less noise but still there, I m in extremely backache!!!

Whatever, wish all AE fellow Happy New Year & keep fever.

• Options
    I got my Flow IC finally when I passed by Hong Kong in the year end. My Flow is specially made because I need balance to RCA connection. I used to use Shindo IC to connect my Giscours and Lagrange. PT always said it is one of the bottlenecks in my system. I have really nothing to say after replacing the IC with Flow. My listening skills is weak but the significant improvement on vocal is so obvious. The singer image is so concrete with Flow. How can an IC create such a 3-D feel?

I also listened to PT system with Kyoto, Flow, Vekian, DV during my stay in Hong Kong. I am very impressed by the performance of Vekian which can produce a better sound than my system playing LP. I am still wondering if it is the class of my system not comparable to PT's DV or the real power of Vekian.

Fat Gor, you have the same TT as mine and also got Vekian. Could you share your view on comparing Vekian and the Shindo TT? I really want to know your comments because I will then know if I should pursue the Vekian!
  • Options
    Azzurri,

For argument sake, LP setup is more for the recordings made for LP and likewise, CD setup is more for the recordings made for CD. If you treasure and therefore listen more the recordings on LP then there is no need to find a 'super power' CD, just an ordinary setup is enough and in your current setup, it is already very good. On CD playback, Vekian DAC is so far the best that I have heard and used and therefore if your interest is also on today's latest CD recordings, you should get one in order to enjoy the CD music. Instead of spending time to compare my LP and CD setups, I am now more focusing on how to yield the optimal results on both set ups. Cd is easy but LP is not....

Marvel
  • Options
    Azzuri兄, 唔使講, 買啦,Vekian是極級解碼, 有人親耳比較Vekian和瑞士金漢子二十點Xmono block解碼, 看到金漢子慘敗到片甲不留後到二手鋪即放, 但由於太新, 冇人敢收....
  • Options
    How many buddy play download here? Remastering of old record sound good and could be down load.

http://www.pristineaudiodirect.com/XR.html
  • Options
    Fat gor, I fully understand how "king" Vekian is. But I am curious to know the comparison between Vekian and LP, particularly you are Swan user and are having the same TT as mine. What happen if you play the same music with CD in Vekian and LP in Shindo TT?

Marvel bro, thanks for your comment and I also understand what you are talking about. To me, I think CD is easy. I can also listen to some popular singer with CD. Vekian can make playing CD like LP... what a good gear! It will be even more perfect if its price could be lower :)
  • Options
    Azzuri兄, CD和黑膠始終是不同. 我們的天鵝盤已是十分好的硬件. 徙這個基楚上去評Vekian就更覺這部解瑪是真正的大突破. 但我又不同意佢可取代黑膠, 玩黑膠是一種生活享受, 況且有好多黑膠的原装錄音是CD不能還源的. 你的setup和我好似, 由O1SE上到Vekian是十級跳. 昨晚播張學友最新現場錄音Disc 3最後一段"祝福", Vekian可以話係技驚四座, 學友中頻的動態和現場觀眾的情緒起落, 真是盡顯眼前. 我想搬部Vekian去查兄對Algame播肯定更上多層樓. 我當日就是死在DV系统用Vekian加Zero播此段"祝福".
  • Options
    Fat,

I also surrender to the Vekian after PT played 張學友最新現場錄音Disc 3最後一段"祝福". I feel very touching!
  • Options
    Fat Gor, I share your view on saying that listening to vinyl record is an art. Vekian is really a must-buy for anyone. I did not hear the killer Jackie Cheung song in PT place. Perhaps if it is ok with you, I would like to listen to Vekian performance with Shindo gear.
  • Options
    我自問讀書少, 又唔識英文, 聽野十多年都係華哥,明哥D碟, 最近呢幾年咪聽下陳潔麗大陸D口水歌囉. 呢個綢我看過好多次, 成班友仔好似好Hi CAR, D器材未見過, 有好X貴, 稱呼那個Mar哥又耍加大大在後面, 絕對比你地吹漲!

上星期有個機會跟一個高尚朋友去接觸下AE是咩料. 一入到間房, 亂七八糟, 一對冇箱的大喇叭, 滿地白色膽機, 我只認'得部轉盤. 我過上等朋友不停聽古典, 又話點正點正, 挑! 我識鬼咩!! 我看到有隻Eason陳Live, 咪叫播段K歌之王聽下囉. 嘩, 挑! 好鬼堅, 成個Eason企係到, 個喉D假音好清楚, 其他配樂, 和音, 觀眾等和Eason連成一個虛幻空間. 心有不服, 再聽夕陽無限好, 班粉腸fans原來跟Eason唱得非常high, 好live. 我再要聽....開始心軟, 然後主持人拿起隻張學友, 其他粉腸歌手我不太熟, 但我在K場有好多飲歌都是張天皇的. 主持人問我, 聽祝福好唔好? 這肥姐出殂不停播那首? 就聽聽咩料囉. 整首歌6分鐘, 我要求重播了三次, ,,,,係好X震憾.

我帶著不服的心走, 但印象是十分勁. 跟住回家聽部Weiss轉盤解碼...挑那星, 乜Q氣氛都冇, 跟著幾天問人借了多絛素瑪和電源, 點搞都搞不到...我對膽機向來冇好感, 所以我唸部解瑪好勁, 由於我高尚朋友已有呢部野, 我大膽問佢借聽一晚, 條友唔X合作, 我迫住call代理, 主持人叫我搬套Weiss去他處即場比較, 算啦我又唔係大客又唔夠hi car, 死死地咪搬過去囉, 播我上星期聽過所有的, 挑那星, 差得太X遠, 我X冇面, 想即走. 想唔到那部十分溥皮的zero轉盤都有料到, 三十分鐘後, 再聽番用V解碼再聽學友. 我投X降了!

我係粗人但唔係運吉, 我未試過有種比人完全殺到的feel, 即call二手收部Weiss解碼, 呢個市仆街二手佬個個都收得低, 挑那星, 唔想太冇面, 落街ATM拿二萬元落訂.

以後請大家多多指點

• Options
    火兄, 唔駛係唔係都加個X上去.
    買到滿意的器材就最開心啦.

那個不是Mar哥, 是Marvel大大, 加大大是代表專敬的意思, 他玩盡天下名器, 尤其是線材.
  • Options
    Bro Fat, Fire-4,

I am delighted that you both like Vekian like me...I demo-ed this to another audiophile couple last night and they were very impressed as well. Charles always teases me by putting 'big big' after my net name but in reality, I am more like a quick follower of the many veterans here. Charles has also recently had a big 'transformation' in his system by acquiring the Algame and 833. He is one of the very few reference sites of AE now. You should pay a visit at the convenience of both sides.

Marvel