Skip to content
Options

Piano Diacera - The Empress's New Clothes

Comments

• Options
    Oops, I was listening to Hahn's SIbelius last evening too. It seems PT's visit to Charles subconsiously influenced our audio behavior. I wonder what are the differences between my Horning Eufrodite and your Tidal Piadia.

Have you heard the Horning before?
  • Options
    I have not heard Horning before as I doubt if my small listerning room can accomodate the beast.

Now that you mentioned it, I am really tempted to visit Charles' place.
    Are there any Horning fellows on HK Island?
  • Options
    Alecy,
    PTsang is an Eudrodite user. PT and myself went there on Tue night and we are very impressed. You should see if PT can help arranging a visit.
    Marvel
  • Options
    亞力兄台, 小弟是居住在港島區的康寧追隨者, 但和查兄套野比較, 我不想浪費你寶貴時間. 你應拜訪下"曾比得", 聽PT說他的天鵝限量後音色好靚, 全套天鵝推Eufro唔錯.

我地不如一齊團拜會查兄
  • Options
    發哥,

星期日如何?
  • Options
    星期日好難離家出走, 而且我對蘋果樹Eufro應在週六送貨,其他AE brother你地時間點樣先?

查兄你究竟幾時得閒?
  • Options
    再唔係由PT安排一個五月三日港九新界大團拜!
  • Options
    Great idea, I will be the first one to join.
  • Options
    Alec, how's everything? I am concerned more on the development of the bass. Your turntable is soft-coupling type, and the rack is semi-soft coupling type too. I'm afraid the development of lower mid bass may lack speed and solidity. And the Tidal shows it all.
  • Options
    Alec, how's everything? You should have many to report as the speakers are probably changing everyday.
  • Options
    Voy R,

The bass department is still slowly unfolding. But with more precise speaker positioning, there is huge improvement in overall balance and microdetails just come out alive in a way I have not experienced before. The bass layering is starting to surface but I suspect it will be at least a few months before it reaching normalisation esp given the low level run-in.

What I found interesting is that the analog section just getting so much better over the digital. Something I never could have expected with the changing of speaker. It is no coincidence as I drew the same conclusion night after night for the past few days and I yet have to find a CD that could approach the realism and suppleness of the vinyl. Could a speaker be so revealing as to spotlight the harshness in the digital format? It is worrisome and yet intriguing proposition.

Back to music itself. I was listerning to Szeryng playing Vitali's Charconne in G Minor on vinyl. It was amazing to hear the magic of the master and absoutely pleasing to my mind (note: not just ears). Despite the origin being a Spanish dance, it just made me sad even long after I was in bed.

• Options
    I'm glad to hear gradual improvement of yours and the supremacy of vinyl over the digital format. It is not a bad idea to spin some opera recordings to test the control of high frequency energy. It seems the finesse of violin passes with flying color or you simply can't listen for too long for the arrival of mind orgasm. Opera will test your speakers, your room, your arm, your rack because distortion occurs even when one of the parameters is not right.

Good progress, dude. I don't remember what kind of arm navigtating the sunking now. Can you remind me?
  • Options
    Voy R,

Just a peasantry Triplanar VII.

Will definitely explore into opera over the long weekend.

• Options
    That's obviously not up to the standard to pair with the sun king. What is the effective mass of your arm?
  • Options
    11g, I think.