Skip to content
Options

Piano Diacera - The Empress's New Clothes

Comments

• Options
    Oh my god! The Sun King weight is 20gram. The cartridge is heavier by the arm by almost 100%! There's no doubt in my mind you have the problem of overdamping. This is physics. Such setting may compensate a bright acoustics. You may have too much bass flowing around now due to overdamping of the high frequencies.
  • Options
    Alecy, try to reduce tracking force a bit.
  • Options
    Alecy, to be specific, it is neither the problem of your arm nor the cartridge. It is purely a problem of matching. The weight of the sunking is above normal cartridge.
  • Options
    Alecy, did you try reducing tracking force?
  • Options
    Alecy, did you spin any opera vinyl over the weekend?
  • Options
    Voy R,

Instead of spinning vinyl, my weekend was primarily focused on spinning rubber - another pet project of mine.

• Options
    Alecy, what is this? Sorry I cannot figure out what spinning rubber means...are you also fond of racing (spinning tyre)?
  • Options
    Marvel,

Just test driving my dream car... :-)
  • Options
    Ferrari?
  • Options

No, I am too darn old to be driving a Ferrai.
    It's a more laid back Maserati MC Victory.

• Options
    It's classy like the DV arm.
  • Options
    Alecy, it seems we are lone Tidal users here. Do you wanna try my Tidal Impact amp with your Piano Diacera? I can ask PT to arrange. Knowing the Tidal well, I cannot help to bring you deeper into the "true" tidal potential. With the Tidal amplifier, the speakers are not performing to their true potential due to colorations of other amplifiers.
  • Options
    Alecy, with due respect to your existing amp, I am sure they are good stuff. But what I want to say is you do need a Tidal amplifier to get the best out of your PiaDia. The Tidal Impact is only a stereo amp with a small footprint. Simple, elegant and ultra transparent. This stereo amp will deliver more proper pitching with speed and the power of it driving the lower mid-bass is clean but with weight. Who knows? The impact will save you two power cords and lots of space in your listening room too.
  • Options
    Alecy, are you poisoned to death by the Tidal?
  • Options
    Raymond,

I wouldn't mind doing an AB comparison at all with my Vitus which has served me extremely well so far. May be I will be posioned but I have the best antidote - poverty!

Voy R,

I hardly had time listening to the PD lately but at least I know for sure my 5 months old daughter have been enjoying the lullaby playing through my system which seems to put her to sleep pretty quickly. It is either a case of a superb playback or a boring rendition of all things alike. I hope her first words are not "Dad, your system sucks..."