Skip to content
Options

Wavac 833/Cessaro Affascinate Party on Thursday

Comments

• Options
    Marvel bro, that's cool. You should have get it done long time ago. What about other hard surface area?

Danny, I guess no magic can resurrect the 805 after listening the 833 driving your horny speaker. I hope there are not too many 805 users attended the party.
  • Options
    Looking back to the photos, I really want to salute to the great spirit of Studiogrey in taking up the hassles to bring the 833 to DSo's place for a comparison with 805 and further to that, take them to another audiophile's home for another round of audition. This is a weight training exercise more than an ordinary audiophile home visit. DSo's hospitality in housing so many high hands in one place and avoiding them (lips) fighting with each other on specific views is also instrumental!

833 vs FM in a system of JBL does sound even more interesting than the first party. I can find brief comment by Studiogrey on Cessaro/JBL but I thought the 'onsite' AB comparison was between FM and 833 with JBL being the standing component. May be we can catch up later in private chats as I guess it is not the intention to discuss any non-AE products in this forum especially on comparisons.

When my 805Mk2 arrive, may be we can have another HK version of 833 and 805Mk2 comparison in order to verify the observations that Jeff from Taiwan had already experimented.

Marvel
  • Options
    Mr So, thanks again for the hospitality. I didn't expect a horn speaker that can really sound without much of the negative characteristics of a horn speaker, I'm impressed, also I'm in great trouble because I want to buy one.
  • Options
    The result of the party was surprising as according to PT, both Studiogrey and Charles aim straight for the Alpha One. Whatever you guys like, I am more than happy to take the order.

And the Cessaro heat is now spreading to Shanghai. The offloading of another Cessaro Affascinate SE for Shanghai bigpiece took place yesterday.
  • Options
    Grey兄好有大哥氣慨, 為大家勞心勞力.

查兄原來真人好型好cool下.

點解丹尼兄仍未出現, 是否仲了八三三劇毒?
  • Options
    Voy, I don't intend to save my 805 and now re-planning my roadmap of upgrading perhaps 833 before LP.

My original plan was to poison Studiogrey bro with SE one more time to speed up his Cessaro route, unfortunately he poison me back with the 833. Sound fair, a tie after two rounds.

The 833 can KO 805 within a minute, it outclasses the 805 in all aspect except the speed which I still believe 805 is a bit faster. When we listened to 805, PTsang told me SE might not be enough for my space and I should choose the Alpha One. After switching to 833, we both agreed the culprit is not SE but 805 instead. With 833, the over all sound was much controlled, dynamic but relax with a cleaner and deeper bass. You could easily hear lots of detail from the double bass when listening to a big orchestral piece. It's damn so close to a live concert.

The midrange from Alpha One in Mr. Zanden's place is the best I've ever heard, the vocal coming from this mid horn is awesome and irresistible. With the help of 833, the vocal from my SE could make me feel I was listening to Alpha One.

The micro dynamic from this combo was stunning, you could hear the music flowed from one note to next with so much detail. Charles told me he was deeply impressed by the performance of Maisky, he never expected the sound coming from a cello could be that touching. Treble? It was richer and smoother………. Too many good things need to mention from this mighty combo, I should let the other AE veterans who joined the party on Saturday share more with us.

Chris, when will the first 805V2 arrive Hong Kong? Should we arrange a 805V2 versus 833 party ? I bet many AE fellows are anxious to know the result!

Marvel bro, don't waste your time on the JBL.
  • Options
    蘇兄台, 不要想太多, 八三三 Go! Go! Go!

查兄你被Maisky的大提琴音色吸引, 還是分析力呢? 提琴箱內的共鳴豐滿嗎? 大提琴的低段共嗚能量明顯比中段更強, 其實它胡蘆的形狀已决定了它的共鳴特性. 如對後級和喇叭完全匹配, 大提琴低段的共嗚箱聲將會出得好過穩, 此段唔夠力又出唔到, damp得多少少, 低段和中段分別又不大. 這些是從PT身上所學, 唔好話我拋書包.

Grey兄, 你幾時做食沙佬?

我在星渊快要悶死
  • Options
    Danny, your SMR spk cable arrived today.
  • Options
    發哥

你所講的差不多都有.
    Cello 的優怨, 比小提琴更加感動, 只係一般的系統不能表達出來.

Marvel bro

唔知道833 推Cessaro Affascinate SE好還是 805 Mark II 好.
    期待你的 805 Mark II.

DSo

JBL 不提也吧, 就算係 833 推都不能改變.

• Options
    Charles,

I am also keen to know the difference although I have already parked myself onto 805Mk2. Once I know when the amp would be ready and delivered, I will certainly let all the interested parties know, yourself included. My wild guess, towards my liking would be 805Mk2 being more linear with the caveat that my experience with 833 is very very limited.

Marvel
  • Options
    發哥,我都想做食沙佬.但我想暫時財力同地方都末得住.但最重要係太座果關 :(
    咬化温,我的夢…
  • Options
    Studiogrey,

Wife acceptance is certainly the key...I guess my version is a more acceptable one than Alpha but if you can avail the other apartment upstairs, I believe there is no such thing called Wife Acceptance. You will then have you own hi-fi studio. I envy you and certainly this is one hope that you can take your system to a few levels up. Mini-Exq is not bad especially with the diamond tweeter, but it is not in the league of the other gears that you are using and poses big constraints to free the music out.

Marvel
  • Options
    grey兄財力冠絕音響界, 不耍客氣, 此情況先斬後奏才是上策! 你部八三三推食沙佬技騖四座, 全珹熱話, 除了香港膽機界讚嘆grey兄的豪情氣慨以外, 更對部八三三產生了極大的機幻想, 連我在星洲的小小發燒圈都知這個狂野音響派對! 但將它推嘉瑪有點浪費了八三三真功夫, 只能局限於音色的美態, 但扭曲了動態和節奏感.

Grey兄出手啦!
  • Options
    先斬後奏對咬化温啦!(諗唔出乜好得過佢) 你間豪宅啲名機出出入入冇一百都幾拾次啦! 習慣成自然啊Gery兄. 我依家都是送貨嗰日先話俾老婆知, 叫佢幫我開門收貨!
  • Options
    Marvel兄,發哥,CCN兄,真的不要取笑小第了.
    再買落去,我真係可能係香港第一個因買音響至破產的個案了.
    家裏暫時風平良靜,我都係一動不如一靜先.