Skip to content
Options

Wavac 833/Cessaro Affascinate Party on Thursday

Comments

• Options
    PTsang and Alecy: both big fan of Zanden 2000p/5000s
  • Options
    Charles, Dso and Hung standing in the Kitchen auditioning the system.
  • Options
    Mr. Da Vinci (ccn)
  • Options
    Studiogrey and Charles started moving the 833 into the position for installation
  • Options
    Alecy seemingly could not resist the craftmanship and the potential power and musicality of the 833
  • Options
    Charles and Studiogrey started positioning the left channel.
  • Options
    Final checks on cable connections
  • Options
    When we played the first CD (Sophie Mutter playing Tschaikowsky), Danny asked me whether it was the same CD we played one hour ago with the 805. I said "YES". He was silent.
  • Options
    The improvement of the 833 over the 805 was so great that everyone in the room was poisoned or shocked by the effortless driving ability of the 833 alongside refinement and elegance. Alecy was smart to intentionally leave early to avoid being poisoned.

Once again, thank you Studiogrey for his time and generosity to allow such a pleasant and rewarding audio party for everyone. I am also glad to meet Alex who is already a fan of Argento.

I better to stop here and let Danny write about his feeling after changing to the 833. This picture shows he was a bit perplexed but energized at the same time.
  • Options
    The 833 with JBL 9800 after the party on Dso home.
    the competitor is FM.
  • Options
    It was quite a party! In Taipei, we did this machine to machine comparison all the time. The result is predictable if you know the details. The transformers inside the MD805 is not made by Tamura but a general grade transformer. The quality of the MD805 is more reliant on the genius ITIC circuit. The 833 is a different story, all the transformers are made by Tamura, only the highest grade with tightest spec are picked. Even the 833 carries a horse power of 150w Class A, the inherent noise level due to much better grade component is easier noticeable than the 805 despite much lower horse power.

The 805mk2 is a different story, the transformer is also made by Tamura like 833, exacly the same grade. Tamura transformer is famous for wider frequency response, much much lower noise floor, and much better control on all frequencies especially bass. It will be more fun if there is a direct comparison between 805mk2 and the 833. We did this in Taipei, and the results are hairsplittingly close, depending your taste and room accoustic characteristics.

You guys are funny. After testing the 833 with Cessaro, why waste time on the JBL?
  • Options
    Jeff, maybe it is a home theatre system.
  • Options
    Where is Marvel bro in the party?
  • Options
    I heard and the sound of JBL is O.K. We can't compare the JBL with Cessaro because consider the price different.
    I'm very impressed the sound of Cessaro driven with 833. If some body looking for a pair of speaker reproduces the concert hall in your home, I suggest listen it first and Don't waste the money for other. The disadvantage is the size(too big) and if the list price(too $$$) is US dollars will be great :) Thank for Dso.
  • Options
    Hung,

I missed the party big time. However, I did something for the good deed of my ownself. It is a carpet to further tame the reflection on the tile floor