Skip to content

Agoria - the most important speaker ever for Tidal

Comments

• The first thing we unloaded was the almighty TROY by Tripoint - indispensable ground noise filter at the highest end.
  • Tidal's latest flagship stereo amplifier - IMPULSE with 200 watt of power at 8 ohm. An electronic crossover is also built-in for future bi-amping option.
  • The Contriva Diacera ALL BLACK with black diamond tweeters that won accolades worldwide are chosen as the transducer, alongside the Tidal Preos as preamp and NEODIO NR22 CDT and DAC as the digital source.
  • Mr.Kwok is a big fan of hard rock. He has an acute taste for bass. His ears are good. This is the first time I saw someone cranked up the volume of the preamp almost to the 4 o'clock position as a test-drive. The sound was still very stable at extreme loud volume. I had never tried such volume level before. It shows the Tidal impulse renders full control of the speakers under high SPL.

He wanted more bass. We pushed the main speakers closer to the rear wall to make use of the back wall. Then, we also take up the cushion away from the bass port at the back. The results are extremely promising as the system is completely brand new without burn in at all.
  • Good taste!
  • The Agoria in macaasar finsih!
  • The production process of Agoria
  • This wood veneer is gorgeous...
  • Wow! Beautiful! Maybe I should have ordered this instead of the black ;)
  • The black is still cool.
  • Agoria 在 2012年 第33屆台北國際Hi-END 音響大展.
    My-hiend people rated it as one of the top 5 'good sound' room
    http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthread.php?6364/page15
  • Looking at this thread, almost 2 years ago, I was utterly exciting to go to AE Showroom to listen to my Agoria singing side by side with Sunray before it was delivered to my plae...I still recall the performance of the Agoria had eclipsed its bigger brother Sunray on the overall articulation and easiness of delivering the bass with unprecedented layering of harmonics...

I firmly believe Agoria sings very well in my system, fully burnt in, mating faultlessly with Analog domain...Time for me to take up another challenge and move on (and move back) to the super horn camp which PT uses the term 'Tidalised horn': Cessaro Alpha 2.

Before the glorious departure of Agoria, I would like to hold several rounds of farewell party for Agoria. To me, it is genuinely the state of the art. To outperform it in my system....well... I put my full trust on Ralph and PT...

Marvel
  • 歡迎重回Cessaro Horn的陣地,是明智之舉。我一向認為ceramic單元得個清字,大音壓就一定叫,Tidal已經是ceramic speaker中, integration做得最好的品牌。但和Horn比,速度始終是慢。在你的大宅,Alpha 2 有足夠能量填滿,一定比Agoria優勝很多。