Skip to content
Options

Agoria - the most important speaker ever for Tidal

Comments

• Options
    Is there a better amp at the same threshold? Don't waste my time with the Golden boys. I saw from another thread about Calysto smashed the golden boy into pieces.

My issue is I have no time to shop around. Nobody really cares about the quality of the setup in town. They care about selling the commodity showing me all those stupid endorsement of infamous reviewers. Who cares? I care what I listened in reality. I know the standard of a few people in the community well whom I can trust.
  • Options
    A glorious moment to say farewell to Contriva Diacera SE which has served me two good years!! Since Day-1 I started my Tidal journey on its Preos preamp and Impact stereo, I have a feeling that Tidal is going to occupy a very important role in the development of my future systems. It is especially the 'coloration-less' and transparency that reassure my belief a hi-fidelity system must possess in order to reveal the originality of the music recorded.

CDSE has provided the facilitation and certainly Agoria is the 'end game' in 'anchoring' my ship in pursuing the ultimate speaker system for myself. For the record, I would like to put a period on this and Agoria will stay in my system until a day I am no longer in this hobby!
  • Options
    The unload of the 250lb speaker is not without pain...thanks for the logistic team of AE who delayed their lunch to fulfill my hunger for setting the speaker up in my system asap....
  • Options
    Agoria integrates into my system surprisingly well filling up the whole space like giving me a 3640 X 1920 resolution instead of a 1920 X 768 one depicted by CDSE....the cabinet of Agoria is rock solid and never have I experienced such dead quiet sound when I knock on the cabinet, sound going into the cabinet seems like disappearing into the secret triangle of Bermuda, never coming back!

Without any doubt, the inner construction and the material deployed in this build is revolutionary and the same and superbly glossy piano black may have disguised such advancements...

In the next few weeks, I will publish a unprecedentedly comprehensive report on this speaker...before that, my unreserved salute to Tidal/Jorn on such out of the sky, out of the box speaker...it marks a new milestone on the state of the art technology in making speakers!
  • Options
    A photo
  • Options
    What a happy man!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Mr Marvel.
    I've no chance to audition it but I'm pretty sure one thing...
    it disappeared from the AE1 after it sung.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    jsn and all pals in the AE community, you are welcome to come to my place for an audition of Agoria
  • Options
    Marvel bro,

What a nice audio scenary of yours! Please treat the Agoria better by offering the left channel some more space for breathing.

Mine will come around X'mas.
  • Options
    Voy, sure, the photo was taken right after the logistics guys had cleared up the scene, now the one on the left has been moved away from the wall....I will use some absorption material to further treat that area under the guidance of PT later....
  • Options
    Marvel,

I see you're using K10 as preamplier with Analog Domain. Can you kindly write about synergy in this system?

Thanks
  • Options
    Marvel,

I see you're using K10 as preamplier with Analog Domain. Can you kindly write about synergy in this system?

Thanks
  • Options
    Marvel,
    How is the sound compared to the ConDia? Physically, is the Agoria much bigger compared to it? As you know I also have the ConDia and have ordered the Agoria, but will have to wait a few more months to enjoy it!

Katongkid
  • Options
    Maestro, K10 is an allround preamp which I find extremely musical and well balanced....its output gain is not the type where it will rock your house even when the volume is turned to 9 o'clock. In my case, I use twelve or 1 o'clock for most of my listening...other than this, it matches very well with its own power amp K70 which I have used before I changed to Analog Domain. Of course if you are talking about synergy, I can imagine the forthcoming AD preamp would have more synergy with their power amp, likewise K10 should match better with K70...at this point, I do find K10 and AD complimenting each other in the amplification stage, absolutely no complaint at all !!
  • Options
    Katongkid,

CD SE cannot fill up my listening space as complete as Agoria. Not only is the energy more ample, the clarity of the image positions depicted by Agoria really make CDSE sounds like a bookshelf....of course CD SE is already a remarkable pair, I just want to illustrate this time the jump is really not small !! You have done the right thing to make this move !

Marvel