Skip to content
Options

Dalby Vinyl Stabilizer Weight - most exquisite ever made

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Dalby D7SE selects his own customers, not the other way round. It is a milestone in the "Absolue end of Ultra End" domain of tube Pre-amplification. Everything inside is custom made to the finest degree both technically and aesthetically.
  • Options
    Wonder what it sounds like...for a preamp, it is certainly not the most expensive and even not in the top three...but I am confident its performance will make the others feel shamed...really look forward to listening to it...
  • Options
    JLam, please check email. I have been longing for true "exlcusivity" for quite awhile. I hate the shit of inflated retail prices like Kondo and Audio Note when all mainlanders can in fact purchase them at 50% off retail, not to mention proliferation of parallel exports everywhere. This is shit marketing. I have nothing against their philsophy and sound quality. I just hate the damn market practice.

The Hi End industry requires decent technical knowledge to begin with, not to mention after sales services. But the emergence of the so called "big spenders" in the mainland has changed the market practice very much similar to what happened at the banking and insurance industries. They aimed at maximizing market share, ROE/ROA are basically meaningless. Those foreigners buy the China story so much will end in vain in the end. I always chatted with top bankers about the bizzare state of the hi end industry. Many brands will die shortly because of the dumping practices. Loads of cash to steal a brand is easy, developing it is another matter. But the mainland has no clue about what marketing is all about. In the end, the quality of the industries goes down, quality of customers go down and every one is down, down, down. The next brand who will die shortly (2-3 years)will be the one who champions its way into the mainland in a big way. Market entry barriers into the hi end industry are unusally low compared to other luxury markets. And the people who are in the luxury audio business who is asking for a HK$1 million retail for a 30 year old integrated amp does not carry any luxury taste to begin with. The language says its all, communication fucking sucks, just hurry to close the deal, deal and deal.

Damn it! The whole market gets it wrong. thanks for the upcoming big China story. Sad to say a dying industry and that makes me respect those who still treasure the old spirit.
  • Options
    VR,

Well said. My business experiences with them is the following: Pretends to be big spender at the beginning. When it comes to payment, there are thousands of excuses to postpone. Bargin even when previous prices were already agreed upon. If bargain on price is unsuccessful, they take other items very much like shopping vegetables in the market place.

Taiwan is slightly better. At least we won't change when everything has already agreed.
  • Options
    What the hell is this? The interlink DC cord between the D7SE power supply and the main unit! This is exactly as the same as the flagship U1000 power cord! I have never seen anyone willing to go this far.
  • Options
    PT, can you let us know what the sound is like?
  • Options
    A bespoke spiritual experience to the "soul". An uncharted experience for me and JLam.
  • Options
    Mr Dalby in HK explaining his philosophy to Doug.
  • Options
    This is a master stroke of Mr Dalby applying his Lignum feet underneath the NVS to reduce the mechanical resonances of aluminum.
  • Options
    We were all amazed by the improvement. And those who bought the Lignum feet understand what we are talking about here.
  • Options
    The Da Vinci Virtu arm with Kai standing next to Durand's Telos on NVS.
  • Options
    A new Maestro standing next to cost no object - D7 preamp. 7 stands for it has taken him 7 years of R and D to get this far.
  • Options
    Dalby U1000 ground wire. The ultimate of the ultimate!