Skip to content

Dalby Vinyl Stabilizer Weight - most exquisite ever made

Comments

• The Dalby clamp serving well with Gabriel releasing details of the recording that I have not heard before in my setup....
  • Placing it on top of the mirroring surface of my Tidal speaker, I wish I have 2!!
  • another angle.
  • I agree this is very likely to be product of the year 2012.
  • Definitely agree - product of the year.
  • Yes very sure my vote for Product of the Year is this magnificent creation by Dalby.
  • edited May 2012
    Dear all my prestige clients,

Owing to the vigorous excess demand of this dalby record weight, I am deeply sorry that I cannot fulfil all the orders. I have reprimanded PT over promising the availability of such lignum version.

Once again,I am terribly sorry for those who cannot get it.

JLam
  • Oh my God..
  • Who can resist the temptation of Dalby Vinyl Stabilizer? The exclusivity of it and the sonic improvement brought over far exceed the price tag. I mean it seriously.
  • I am not a vinylphile. But I admire the immense musicality of LP playback all the time. The laborious setup procedures are simply too much for an English teacher in Hong Kong. Nowadays, the pressure of a teacher may not be lower than an investment banker earning much lower, however.

It seemed to be so simple to improve the sound of the turntable simply by placing this Dalby Vinyl Stabilizer atop the platter. The improvement is staggering to my untrained ears. The development of soundstaging resolution particularly in the so called Z-axis (learnt this from Raymond on this forum) allows hidden spatial cues to be unfolded. And now I understand this is not about sensational 3D feelings. The revealing of spatial cues also allow the communications amongst musicans to be felt clearly as minute movement of their bows are now vividly presented. The resonances in the cavity of the Cello or violin are now able to be easily discerned. Most cases, it is a bunch of lower mid bass energy. To confirm, I asked PT to take it out and listened to the same Cello cut again, the cello is now presented with unclear contour and a bunch of lower mid bass energy that most may label it as 'warm" tonality, and now I am convinced that is blatantly wrong.

This is an amazing accessory though I cannot afford it. Frankly speaking, it is worthy of putting one in a showcasing cabinet as the extreme craftmanship of it is rarely seen.
  • The impeccable Dalby record weight serving on Kondo Ginza turntable.
  • 連簡老爺也用了Dalby個"龍璽".
  • Da Vinci支大佬臂 - VIRTU
  • 簡老爺套超級木奈號角系统