Skip to content
Options

Dalby Vinyl Stabilizer Weight - most exquisite ever made

Comments

• Options
    What you are paying for? The craftsmanship and level of attention to details (including chassis made of mahogany, carbon and solid aluminum) eclipses all tube electronics made by others by a few planets. It does not require marketing. It does not reviewers' compliments. It is simply in a class of its own at the highest exquisite class made only for the top of the top buyer who knows what they need and most importantly don't care what the rest say and think.

The age of internet basically kills the very attitude of such manufacturer. Dalby is a scarce item, and I hope it will remain scarce.
  • Options
    Is this the D7SE power supply? It is different from D7.
  • Options
    Jeff, I thought yours is the D7SE?
  • Options
    To Doug,

Why you not joining? We need Dalby users to speak up more here. Are you already using the Daly U-1000 power for the D7 or the previous silver cord? If you are not using the U-1000, I don't think you have experienced any real bass performance from the D7, both dynamic, and resolution, and weight.
  • Options
    On piano and symphony, when the U-1000 is working with the D7, a whole new dimension opens up. A word of caution - DO NOT USE ANYTHING TO WRAP THE GORGEOUS LOOKING CONNECTORS AT BOTH END. If you do that, you kill speed and transient responses. I know they are beautiful and luxuriously made but this is not the Dalby's intention. Everything is tuned to the Dalby standard. In Taiwan, many audiophiles like to wrap something on the Siltech ferrite ring, jorma box, MIT box etc...... Don't ever do that on Dalby!

The resolution of the U-1000 is equivalent to a cocktail of "harmonic fireworks" across the whole frequency spectrum. Your Beta has the resolution to reveal it.
  • Options
    Another week, the exquisite Dalby D7SE will appear at AE. The power supply of this preamp alone is over 55kg!
  • Options
    After 7 months of waiting for a bespoke item, the D7SE finally arrived at the door of AE. The quality of the packing box was no different from shopping at Hermes.
  • Options
    The huge item adjacent to the D7 is the 60kg power supply
  • Options
    The presentation defines the meaning of "Exotic and Bespoke". The attitude departs from conventional Hi End manufacturers. It is an attitude and a style. I respect this very much. How many people can disregard market conditions and truly build something unique not binding to constrains?
  • Options
    It carries a majestic presence. It is exquisitely crafted. It has a noble soul.
  • Options
    Another shot
  • Options
    The power supply tower!
  • Options
    Craftsmanship at close range
  • Options
    Power supply viewed from the top
  • Options
    Even the tubes are packaged in a dedicated briefcase