Skip to content
Options

flow

13»

Comments

• Options
    Marvel big brother, money is not an issue for you. Zil seems know what he wants, very rare in the audio world. He questions the price point although good quality sound. I wish I have such rational mind.
  • Options
    re:發哥
    有関FMR,我本身已有一條,而另一係係朋友買咗而比我試下先.
    很同意MARVEL BRO所講,但此情况的確在我家發生.在PT兄曾經家訪時試FMR入CDT&DAC的分別的確很大.入CDT會較"行".
    最後我想話,flow的C/P值真的很高.
  • Options
    Studiogrey兄台,我只是隨便問一句,不需太緊張。
  • Options
    When I replaced the FR with an unboiled FMR on the preamp, the differences are so big that even my wife could not help asking what had I changed. The difference is more "continuity" amongst musical notes. It may sound trivial and difficult to imagine such continuity. There is more tone color attached to flowing musical notes. The FMR requires at least 200 hours of power amp applications to unleash its true potential according to the designer. But my short experience with an unboiled FMR was already mind-boggling, an experience shared by Bigpiece in Shanghai too.
  • Options
    2 FMRs finally hook up with my Baldur 300 mono. For the evaluations that I have going to have in the next few days, I would like to emphasize that it is not a direct back-to-back SMR EE vs FMR on power, it is like:

FMR on preamp + SMR EE on power vs SMR EE on preamp + FMR on power.

Marvel
  • Options
    Studiogrey, two FMRs on power amplifiers are crazy! What speakers do you use? The powercord control speakers excellently. If booming still there, your room has problem. Get a copper resonator stick to the back wall close to the ground position. When PT told me, I thought he was crazy but after he treated the problem, I open my mouth wide.
  • Options
    有関booming問題,是我錯怪FMR,兇手是對B&W 803D,今晚搞咗對Avalon Eidolon Diamond,這問題得到解決.
  • Options
    嘩!好大動作!這對野非同小可,鑽高去得盡D自然低音也修身多D。睇黎對AYRE功放也搞唔掂BW肥慢的中低頻。我想問studiogrey兄有冇覺得用石機推Avalon有點乾和太清聲的感覺?多年來玩Avalon班大哥都是用膽或Jeff Rowland夾聲,近年Hi Fi Plus主編用Zanden推Avalon對Isis十分滿意。 6moon個AE report有條好富貴的發燒友也是用全套Zanden玩Avalon,報告話玩得唔錯好似聽concert一樣。

小弟和也好想聽Zanden,但老李又話我未夠班玩呢D野,我雖無緣聽D堅野,grey兄你財力雄厚 ,絕對可再上幾層樓。
  • Options
    studiogrey hing,

How's your Nagra CDC? I am curious what would happen if you stick a FR to the CDC? My previous experience w/ Nagra stuff (MPA and PL-L) is that they are pretty dry, so I am wondering how the pairing works out.....
  • Options
    Matthew, heard that you got the latest SMR SE XLR digital? How good is it relative to the non-se version?
  • Options
    Ken,

I sort of did a comparison between the two, between my Goldmund 36++ and 20M. The old SMR is RCA, and the SMR SE is XLR. I was thinking of comparing them back and forth as they were plugged into 36 at the same time. So I listened to the SMR first, and then the SE, and that's it. There is no need to check the SMR again. The SE is more relaxed, and tonally "right", to me anyway. The SMR belongs to my friend, and I didn't really have much time with it. My gut feeling is that SMR had a hint of bleaching effect on tonal color, though I am not sure, as on most disks, it's fine. The SMR SE is just plain awesome all round. I was thinking of getting more SMR SE IC and speaker cables, but my wallet protested......
  • Options
    I will get one.
  • Options
    Matthew, the difference between SMR and SMR se is the same like your description on the digital cable. You will love it on the Ongaku.