Skip to content
Options

flow

Comments

• Options
    Studiogrey,

New stocks of FMRs should arrive on this Saturday, I advise you to pre-book the cable as I understand most of them were pre-sold. Please contact Mr.Li for details

Jlam Music Nation
  • Options
    I agree with Marvel. Look into the future. Learn from mistakes in the past, don't repeat it!
  • Options
    Thank Jlam, I will contact Hung for the detail.
    I have a little advise of the FMR, since the shape is oval, it difficult turned the head 90 degree to fit the socket.
  • Options
    我係你就溝過其他女,哭哭哭啼啼冇鬼用。

好在我夠位插FMR,但冇錢有位都冇用啦。不過兩條FR已好夠用,証明已好夠用,証明AYRE對後級冇買錯,我真係不明為何班老友總係要大大件才話抵玩,溝女係咪要肥扒先至係正
  • Options
    Studiogrey, what is the experince of FMR on ayre amp?
  • Options
    Fireman兄:

昨天初用條FMR入Ayre,在一向力量見稱balcklabel前,FMR的力感竟然更強.音樂細部也更明顯.我感覺MXR好像多咗50W能量似的.
    在我的組合上,最佳位置為
    1.後級-力量強橫,不失細部線條
    2.DAC-用咗後,音樂上的弱音明顥咗另整体連貫性正咗好多.
    3.CDT-大力咗
    4.前級.大力咗幾多
    但用在CDT及前級,力量過強,flow剛好.

• Options
    Studiogrey, FMR gives more power than blacklabel but the sound is still beautiful? How about control? Are you using 2 FMRs drive MXR now?
  • Options
    在我的情況上,一對FMR在後級是最好地方.
    但有一点,FMR的力量很強,中低較易booming.
    其他頻段的音色很好.我想FR&FMR有一特点,音樂感染力很強.
    但最後,只入手一條FR去vitus前級.因如入多一條FMR去後,DAC也要多一條,$$$$$$$$$$
    看來要下一步...
  • Options
    Studiogrey,

No doubt you have more than sufficient $$$ on this FMR. Buy one more and try them on the power amp in order to find out the answer for yourself.

SMR EE is still the house-wine for power amp in my set up and I will compare it with FMR in the next few days and share some initial impression. FMR is not about 'more powerful', it is the other power cords which inherently drop and distort the energy and frequency bandwidth information during the power transmission. If your power supply at home reads 220v, FMR won't give you 230v, right? So when one says BlackLabel is powerful and impactful, it only chops off a bit on the mid-high to high, chops off the whole low bass and the perceived impression would then be, 'wow, the bass is very powerful' but in fact, it only presents a 'fraction' of the power transmission: mid bass.

Booming is perhaps something related to room acoustics and I guess it is a wrong start to chop off the energy from the source system to avoid dealing with the root cause. If you read some of my earlier comments on FMR vs SMR EE coupled with PT's comment, you can see both of us are having similar views on the SMR EE releasing more energy than FMR and I am using 6 SMR EEs in my small listening area (that you have visited), I don't feel too much booming even at high volume. If AE has stock and I have $$, I think I don't mind to use 6 FMRs.

Using the '2nd brother' on the source and 'big brother' on the power amp is a paradigm on the belief that "more energy = bigger magnification = more coarse sounding", it is certainly not true for FMR in my experience.

Marvel
  • Options
    老友你有冇把喇叭移前一點?時時冇貨點解你可以試兩條FMR? 我原本有booming問題,但我用了粒銅的Resonator在後牆背後一天光曬!我也不太明,但你形容的問題好可能是房間問題,須用Acoustic辦法解決,兩條FMR在後級是我07年目標,到時放FR在訊源器材。
  • Options
    Fat gor,

I am not trying FMR, I have bought 2 in total. One only delivered last Sat night.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel大大,我是問studiogrey兄。
  • Options
    Fat gor,

My apologies. I just want to avoid misunderstanding that I can try before buying as I need to commit to buy before I am placed on the waiting queue. There is no trial and 50-50 split discount.

Marvel
  • Options
    老友唔駛太認真,吹吹水,我又冇錢買,你係唔係買高文二千五百大力士?
  • Options
    Fat gor,

No problem, as this is a public forum, it is more prudent to clarify especially this series of cable is quite short in supply and there are desperate people waiting. I don't want to create any confusion.

T2500 should be very good but too expensive for me la...

Marvel