Skip to content
Options

Packing up the Virtu for Mr.DV - on the way to Hong Kong!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Mr. DV,

Have you tried a larger toe in ?
  • Options
    JL,
    Yes! Larger toe-in get better result in my room.

PTsang,
    The showroom looks large enough for good breathing space and long length for bass extend. Sound quality should be no problem even without acoustic.
  • Options
    Mr. PT,

Do you have any good DV stuff for an elementary Audio guy like me? I know there is a great speaker called.......In-Ton-a-ion.....right??

Mr. Breakfast
  • Options
    INTONATION ! Sorry.
  • Options
    Mr. DV,

The crossing point should be in front of you 0.5 meter.

JLam
  • Options
    Mr DV,

Can I come next week? let say wed night?

JLam
  • Options
    Wed night is Good, if u come at Sat. afternoon we can play at any volume.
  • Options
    Mr.DV, can you share more on the Virtu? There should be a lot to explore on this system. There should be a lot of potential.

What is your feeling of listening to the field coil drivers? What about dynamics? THis should be a very interesting system that plays music. Awaing more sharing, please. Your voice must be heard more.
  • Options
    So far, what I like most on Field coil is there are plenty of inner details, flying tone colour, the Baroque music sound so beautiful, the dynamic on piano is killing me every day. Tonight will do some fine-tune on electronic things, during some guest visit on last week, the heating voltage at right channel is a bit weaker than left channel, the bass control and focus start getting loss control, tonight will tune it back to normal, also, I feel if there can be increase some more upper bass will be more perfect and peter had sent me some tips on it, will fine tune tonight. let see…
  • Options
    What do you mean by heating voltage? How can you tune it? Are there any crossover adjustments?
  • Options
    The experience in Switzerland definitely provided a new musical experience for me.

Virtu is the most understated work by Peter Berm not usually known for understatement. Whatever the speaker has to say about LOVE, SADNESS, about nature of Music......and these are all matters no introduction can afford to neglect, it says by the way it takes their stress, by distribution of their weight into the very right sections.

Da Vinci Products are always..........Luxuriating in frankness!!

To be continue....
  • Options
    Mr DV, are you refering to the filament voltage, its crucial to tube performance. WE300B needs 5V to properly functioning, lucky you, your DV set up allows users to handily adjust the cathode voltage due to tube ageing.I need to open the chassis every 3 months to check and adjust.
  • Options
    Ya! u r right. thanks for clear explain.
  • Options
    I received a link this morning.

Take a look: http://www.avguide.com/blog/trip-switzerland-and-da-vinci-audio-labs