Skip to content
Options

Packing up the Virtu for Mr.DV - on the way to Hong Kong!

Comments

• Options
    The Flow, FMR, OR and ORB all go into the Kyoto.
  • Options
    The Full Da Vinci System - the only one in Asia. I will not write too much about it. Let Mr.DV tell us how he feels.
  • Options
    Last but not least, how can we miss the AAS Gabriel Analog tt?
  • Options
    Mr.DV,

Did you play the Uchida piano recording via the Virtu system? Field coil drivers deliver unprecedented microdynamics with ease and a rich texture to die for. That was my experience with just one mid range antique field coil driver. But what you have is a complete array of original field coil drivers made nowadays by people that who know the stuff well.

In comparison, compression driver has the details and the speed but not the ease.
  • Options
    Your AAS Gabriel is the only turntable that I have interest because it plays only music, but not sound effects.
  • Options
    Raymond, you are so knowledgeable about these stuff. I m not hurry to test by my record yet, I enjoy to listen and learn how their way to listen music and fune tune the sound.
  • Options
    WoW, Mr.DV, I love your system very much!
  • Options
    達芬奇先生, 究竟Virtu咩料先? 講多幾句得唔得? 聽聞PTsang大人也第一時間到場, 仲好滿意. 希望你能分享多一些
  • Options
    Everything Peter of Da Vinci learns in the past 30 years both from his study of western electric philosophy and preamp building experience goes to this "Grandezza Reference mono preamp". Peter told us that it will be very crazy.
  • Options
    It is a stand alone preamp that will work with other brands of amplifier. It seems al masterpieces preamp that are currently under development now is a 3-chassis design.
  • Options
    last night, Peter and Jolanda came fine tune and check everythings function well. when it done, we spin a music, then there are not thing else about HiFi, but music only. 我初次體驗到何為滿室樂韻悠揚!!!

Share more soon, still very busy.
  • Options
    PT,

what you thought about the Gabriel now?

And please drop a few word about what you heard from the Virtu. i still cannot find word to discribe since this morning, i need some time to recovery from the other world.(This is same as i can't use audio factor's wording to discribe a live concert what i just heard.)

A luck man.
  • Options
    With a complete DV system driving the Virtu, there is only music. You will forget everything about frequency extension, soundstage and dynamic etc. It is because you will feel all the music is right in front of you without any hype. It is just a wholesome picture experience with the inner color of all instruction objects exposing to you in the most natural way possible. This is not a system for the usual Hi Fi seeker - pure music. The purity resembles a true concert hall experience. Layers and layers of tonal color peels off one after another to the deepest content possible. The artistic theme of the music is fully presented.

The AAS Gabriel is the turntable that plays music as Raymond said. The calmness of music it presents represents another two to three notches above the Unison. This is more a feeling that is hard to describe. Not because of more details, not because of a larger soundfield, not becasee of more dynamic - it is the musical calmness that is worthy of the hefty price tag.
  • Options
    Jolanda re-polished the golden platter of the Unison like new. Peter then listened to the Shilabe/Schroder going into the DV full phono system.
  • Options
    Then Peter listened to the Orpheus cartridge by Transfiguration with the DV arm going into the phono section of the Tron Syren. Peter is quite impressed with the Shilabe except the high frequency range where he feels there could be more details. But it is a very musical cartridge. For the price, it is unbeatable.

We moved on to do something exotics. We mounted the USD10,000 Dynavector flagship XV1-t on the Grandezza arm feeding the phono of Tron syren. Peter is impressed. The dyna flagship is very good. The delivery of musicality is similar to the latest Grand Reference Grandezza (only Mr.DV has it now in HK)